Victims

by rimbaudbunuel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

I heard that word used to describe being raised a jehovah's witness recently. It made me think and put things in I think there proper perspective. Anyone who was born/raised a witness or even those who came later who were lured by their words are truly victims. I consider being fed this down my throat. Allowed to drop out of high school to pioneer. To never having the ability to express independent thought without an insane amount of fear and guilt till 19. To then get disfellowshiped and have to start over with my whole teenage years being in the skill of jehovah's witness preaching. That skill doesn't correlate to jobs. Being allowed to get baptised at 12. And the list goes on and on and the story is similar for thousands of other people. I consider ourselves victims of a crime that isn't tried by courts. But because of freedom of religion there is no crime for what jehovah's witnesses do. They cannot be punished by the justice system for ruining children's lifes. Although I couldn't live in a place where they didn't allow you to believe and think whatever you want theoretically. At the same time I think it's a complete shame and attrocity what Jehovah's Witnesses do, destroying lifes every day and nobody thinks anything of it. It's hard for me to wrap my arms around that one. A victim of Jehovah's Witness has sometimes no where to turn. We should be able to go to the police and have them arrested for doing what they do. I just hate fucking jehovah's witnesses. We are all victims, are lives serverly affected by this cult! Jonathan

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

Lives not Lifes - I made an error. J

• damselfly
    damselfly

You can't be a survivor without having been a victim.

You sound like you have a great deal of pain and anger, I am sorry for that.

Dams

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

The borg certainly does abuse their freedoms

Maybe the answer is to focus on finding the areas where thay can be held legally accountable, like the tort of misrepresentation.

~Merry

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>But because of freedom of religion there is no crime for what jehovah's witnesses do.

Yeah, it's "legal", but it's hardly ethical. You mentioned child baptism, that one's certainly an ethical violation. And so many others.

You're out and free, that's good. But it still hurts to know so many others are trapped, doesn't it?

Welcome to the forum!

Dave

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I agee with you rimb. Its a wicked crying waste of life, and it does leave one with a lot of anger

I had this RIDICULOUS conversation with my mum about why I had left school at 16 and pioneered instead of doing my A levels and going to Uny. She said I had CHOSEN to pioneer and that she had encouraged me to finish my education, but I was so adamant about pioneering I wouldnt listen to her.

She just wont believe me that I felt I had no other option than pioneering (and she definatelty didnt discuss further education with me). Afterwards I thought to myself what normal healthy 16 year old would of their own free will 'CHOOSE' to spend 70 hours a month selling bible books, instead of earning money, going to college or hanging out with their mates???

• slugga
    slugga

Rim,

You sound really angry.

Tell us the ONE thing that really makes your blood boil about witnesses.

Matt

ps, you can edit your posts after you've sent them just by resting your mouse on the title part of your post then clicking edit in the menu that pops up.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Welcome! I used to think of myself as a victim. I too was raised up inside the cult. I refuse to be a victim any longer. I was a third generation witness, although the family is now up to the fifth generation inside.

Your anger is very helpful in healing, but please don't get stuck there. I know you'll find your way through this, there is a life after, and its pretty great! To be a victim is to still be in their control, they are still manipulating your worldview and your emotions. When you get past all that and let it go you will find life can be so wonderful.

Blessings!

Sherry

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

To the question what bothers me the most:

What they do to their children. They seperate them in schools, they prevent them from having a childhood. They refuse to allow them to think independently. They in some cases and in mine encourage them to not pursue schooling and secular goals and focus on being a pioneer, ministeral servant (for guys), exc. And then completely shun you and disown you and let you die without ever even considering talking to you. And my father even hopes I die so that i'll make it to the new system. He wishes my life will end as soon as possible so that I wont die at armaggedon. I have sick parents, I'm angry that I was raised by people who are mentally sick.

How can it be allowed to do this to a child. It's unbelievable.

Yeah - am I really angry? hahaha. Yeah, I've tried to let it go. But it's hard not to be when you have to fight and struggle for every little thing morsel of life because your childhood was nothing but nonsense, pure utter nonsense.

Jonathan

• slugga
    slugga

Wow you are angry. I think we've all been through the wasted childhood, wasted lives thing. I for one really regret not having a NORMAL childhood. As for your parents, yeah they sound fucking sick, to wish their child dead is beyond me, I've heard of it but never understood it. The one thing that pops into my mind when i hear about parents turning on their children like this is the question "what if they (the parents) are wrong". Have you tried putting this to them? What if they are wrong. They are turning their backs on their child. They're loosing time, maybe years with you to chase some non existent dream. They wont ever get that time back with you That gets me angry too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit