My story

by z 29 Replies latest jw friends

• z
    z

Legolas by the way my daughter right now is in New Zealand she was traveling form Australia arrived last night in NZ and go to the hotel and her reservation was cancel by this ass originally she booked efficiency so she can do Landry and cook for herself because she said food is so expensive down under so this ass pot her in other hotel the have in not safe neighborhood so she did not want to say there this ass did not want to give her luggage so she called the police and he was advice to let her go I was on the cell for over 1hr with her she was crying and scare now she is in nice hotel tomorrow I’m going to call the NZ embassies and have complain about this ass we are traveling this Tuesday to Hong- Kong and she will join us

• Brigid
    Brigid

Dear z,

Thank you so much for sharing your story. May I ask what tradition you grew up in (Ortho/Frum, Conservative, Reform, or Reconstructionalist)? Even a little knowledge of Hebrew opened my eyes tremendously to the fallacy of all Christianity in their approach to the "OT" and most especially of the fallacy of the JWs' world schema. I am always shocked at the amount of Jews who do not believe in god--may I ask how you came up with that conclusion? It's become more of a culture than a religion.

One can understand Christianity and the teacher Jesus so much better from Jewish eyes. There's a man at my adopted synagogue (Conservative) who teaches sunday school at one of the local mega churches. He's very in to building bridges between Jews and Christians. What I always remind my Jewish friends is this: While the Jews have no interest in converting the uninterested (and many times, even the interested have to beg! lol!), Christianity is based on conversion. One can rarely enter a healthy debate with a Christian because while Jews are interested in questioning everything for hopeful clarity and bridge building, Christians are bent on conversion and persuading others to their POVs and are immediately frightened out of their skin at anything that challenges their schema and worldview. I love how the Talmud is nothing but volumes and volumes of Rabbis arguing and questioning everything about their faith!

B'Shalom,

~Brigid

• Legolas
    Legolas

Z...Lucky daughter..But I am sorry for the trouble she went through though...Have a safe trip to Hong kong!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Thanks for writing your story, z. I never realized that you weren't an exJW. I'm glad you're addicted to JWD, I enjoy your posts.

I'm glad your daughter was able to resolve her Hotel situation. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Cellist

• skyman
    skyman

If I remember this is in the Elder manual someone give him a link to the book.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>f I remember this is in the Elder manual someone give him a link to the book.

Pay_Attention_to_Yourselves_and_All_the_Flock

From the http://www.reexamine.org downloads page. (In case the pasted link doesn't work, looks a little funky to me!)

Dave

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

z, that was a great post.

Yes its all true about letters and DFing while you are not there. The video was not staged, but how to prove it to someone who is motivated to believe it is a fake, because if he believes its true, it will rock his world too much?

You are doing a great job with him though. Who knows eventually the guy might even learn to think off you (but not to spell tee hee )

• z
    z

Brigid I grow up in conservative family who believed every one have his or her choice of living. At school as a child you study the bible the way Jewish life is all about right at young age I start to question the Bible it did not make sans to me and my friends

I could not understand why god is so evil killing left and right all trough the Bible. later on I hated God I come to conglobing that the Bible was writing by people who could not understand nature the needed explanation why the sun rise and why the sun set

Brigid you are so right the Jewish like to question every think and for sure like to argued whit every little think this is cultural the way you been brought up right at young age

Thug I do celebrate Jewish holidays as cultural not as god commend Jews are not commend by god to convert any one and the one who is interested have hard time to do so in the Orthodox way it almost degrading to go trough I know some who converted the will not do it again in the conservative is allot more human and easy

The Talmud is all about health mirage and questioning every think you could think of

AlmostAtheist yep Pay Attention to you and All the Flock what f*** s*** this is? And mature mans follows this? I can’t understand why????? Basically is how to spy on one other in the congregation and how to disfellowship one and how much damage we can do for the one who we don’t like and alls by the mane of God

• z
    z

KatieKitten thx I will try to SPELL better lol. This is one of the resin I don’t posts much

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Z - I loved reading your posts here, and the responses to them. You should continue to post here; may we use your knowledge of Hebrew, if we need to? BTW, I can actually hear your accent as I read your posts, and it is lovely! I especially enjoyed reading this little gem; I couldn't have said it better myself:

"AlmostAtheist yep Pay Attention to you and All the Flock what f*** s*** this is? And mature mans follows this? I can’t understand why????? Basically is how to spy on one other in the congregation and how to disfellowship one and how much damage we can do for the one who we don’t like and alls by the mane of God"

You could not have put it more clearly and honestly than that. That is exactly what it means to be a JW, z. Either, in the mane of god or in the name of god, LOL. I am not making fun, because if god exists, the JWs are basically fleas in his mane.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit