A 1975 story

by TooBad TooSad 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyHaszard
  • troubled mind
    troubled mind

Welcome "too bad " . Thanks for sharing your story. I can relate to your story I was a child in the late 60's and remember sister's telling me I wouldn't have to worry about attending school, because the end was so close .Then, I would not even have to consider High school and so on, and so on .Now they are still forcing that twisted garbage down my own kids throats.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Welcome to the board TBTS!

This is the first I've ever heard about a sign stating the number of months that were left to '75. Has anyone else heard of this or seen it? Crazy..

GBL

• OICU8it2
  • OICU8it2
  • garybuss
    garybuss

I started school in 1950. My parents and the Witness people told me I'd never go to high school. Armageddon would be here before that. In high school, the same people told me I'd never get married and raise a family in this old world.

After 1975, the district servant said at the circuit assembly, "Brothers, if you heard it . . . you didn't hear it here!".

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Welcome to the forum! If the end is real near I will have to run to the cleaners and pick up my suit. I want to look great when I am destroyed! POOF!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

garybuss, how absolutely wicked of them, to say you didn't hear it from them! I used to hold my breath, when they were pushing hard from the platform for brothers to quit their jobs and pioneer in the short time remaining till the end. I think the only thing that held my parents back, was I was too young to quit school for them to go on the road pioneering. But lots of kids from the Hall did quit school when they turned 16, to preach the "urgent, life saving message" before it was too late. I wonder how they are supporting families now, to include their elderly parents? I was luckier than many, I wasn't forced to leave school and Dad didn't quit his good job.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi TooBad, and welcome to the board.

I joined the jws a few years after 1975, and was always told that the wts were never definite about a date for the end, but from your story it seems they were. It would be good if someone had a picture of some of those signs.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Strange how the dubs didn't realise that it is not possible to pinpont days for the end because only God knows when it will happen and humans can never know that date. The end will come at an unexpected time after all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit