Witness Paranoia, and former Witness Paranoia

by free2beme 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

We had the demon paranoia in our house too. I can remember being so terrified I would lie awake at night with my blankets pulled up to my eyeballs watching every dark corner of my room for movement.

It's no wonder when every word out of the adults mouth was about how this, that, and the other thing was demonized.

Then I remember reading the stories in the mags about demons scratching on peoples windows, and one landing on a womans bed and then sliding off the end....

YIKES!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    We had the demon paranoia in our house too. I can remember being so terrified I would lie awake at night with my blankets pulled up to my eyeballs watching every dark corner of my room for movement.

you sound like me.

luv, jojo

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

For an object example of this phenomenon see Rigboy and the_truth_about_the_truth.

• wednesday
    wednesday

having spent a time as one of jws, I know paranoia runs deep. it was the FBI during WW2 and now it is apostates. They are big bad and nationwide.(they really are you know, all you wts spies reading this)

And now xjws do worry about spys here on this board, b/c it has happened. a number of jws feel it is their God given duty to hang around here and rat people out. I recall in the middle 90's a jws giving me a list of known apostate screen names and email addy's. (lots of chat rooms on aol then and jws had one and the xjws had one) I looked at it carefully to make sure I was not on it. () So there it was, a list of known apostates ciculating around the KH. Did the wts offically do this ? no, some zealot decided it was their "duty". But the wts encourges this is , b/c they encourge them to rat each other out. Did not see anyone stopping this person, they even got pats on their back for it)

most of the time it is your own family that will turn you in. You get sloppy and tell someone how you feel and bingo, they always hated you anyhow and then you are reported to the elders.

Paranoia runs deep.

Into your life it will creep.

It starts when you're always afraid.

Step out of line, the Man comes,

And takes you away.

You better Stop. Children,

What's that sound?

Everybody looks.

What's going on?

• Quentin
    Quentin

edit because my cell phone was ringing...

No paranoia here....but I do understand the fear of some posters. I myself had no problems leaving, just walked away, but that was a long time ago. Seems to me the society itself has become more paranoid over the years. They appear to go to great lengths to root out any and all dissent. Even minor questions can get a person hauled before a JC... The Towers going to eat themselves alive with their fear of so-called apostates.

• free2beme
    free2beme

My mother once told me that demons were playing with her sexaully. I thought it was weird at the time that this would happen and not I think it is an insane thought.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I knew a few elders who discouraged having an address book in case the revolution came and you had a list of fundies in your handbag for the SS to track down.

Over the past months I've realised that identifying information I've posted here has likely gotten back to my judicial committee, and that made me work out that all the efffort I was putting in to be reinstated was for nothing; they'd only have to print out what I write here to know not to give me the keys to my family again. Fortunately at the same time I've realised that I don't want to go back and don't want my loveless family back either.

I have no doubt that a paranoid cult monitors publicly-posted activities of former members to keep it's finger on the pulse. They've probably got a lot of ideas on what new light to shed next year too.

Hello brothers. Read your bible.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit