Witness Paranoia, and former Witness Paranoia

by free2beme 26 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8
    has anyone ever hacked the wts system? the computer system?

On the official wt web site, there was a pic of the Brooklyn building for a long time that was altered. Someone changed the word "Watchtower" on the top of the building to "MaxHtower". It was there for a long time and eventually I noticed it was changed.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

In 1989 a punkass MS from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witnesses would come by late at night and 'ice pick' one of my tires.

The tire shows no evidence of damage and you think it's just low on air,so you fill it and it goes flat again on the highway you lose a days work/pay.

I was 98% sure he was the perpetrator and when i confronted him he LIED and took me to the elders for my 'false accusation'.

The elders slammed me for not having "two witnesses" to the act of perpetration and reviled me as a 'paranoid mental case'.

Only among the Jehovah's Witness cult have i found soap opera back stabbing sleaze this f**king low.

People imitate the god that they worship,don't they?

At my worldly workplace we all got along great and we cared and looked out for each other.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher

Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not after you...

• daystar
    daystar

Some people get addicted to the feeling of being victimised and the paranoia... *cough, cough, rigboy!, cough, TATT!*

I don't think I really have any reasons to be paranoid. However, when I'm out in public, I cannot sit with my back to the room, or to the door. I don't really know why. Perhaps it's because I'm such a people watcher. I don't find myself concerned that someone might come in looking for me. *shrug*

• Think
    Think

The JWCult spy on their members, that is for SURE. I eperienced this many times. Two completely strange elders I newer meet before aproached me and asked me about the leter I received from a sister. They wanted to see the letter. How they know about the letter ? This was very private love letter.

SpyTower in action !!! I am sure that others have similar or worse experiences. Dare to share ?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My elder at work is always very sensitive to acts of persecution against him as a Witless. For example, he got a letter of warning yesterday for making a pretty big mistake, so this was proof nobody likes Witlesses. His customers have called in complaints on him; just shows they pick on him because he's a servant of Jepooper. When he's mandated to work overtime on meeting night because somebody went home sick, Satan is trying to keep him away from the table of Spiritism Spiritual food. And on and on, I hear him whining every day about this or that; mostly, he doesn't want to work any harder than he has to.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I think most obvious paranoia I saw had to do with the fear of Apostates in the midst. I think every time someone was DFd and it wasn't abundantly clear what for, everyone went home and took a shower just in case some apostate cooties rubbed off on them. I can remember seeing people in the store who were labeled Apostate when I was small, and my parents talking in panicked hushed tones about their plan of escape out of the building.

Crazy crazy

There also seemed to be a strong undercurrent of the feeling that we were only a day or so away from holding hidden meetings and having our toenails ripped out to confess our beliefs. That one was especially great to impress on young children...

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i was extremely paranoid as a young person. i mean, what do you expect when your mother tells you everyday...''the whole world is watching you jobeth! they want you to mess up and leave jehovah.''

and i honestly believed that the world WAS watching me. everywhere i went, i believed every human being around me was staring at me and criticizing me in their mind. if i went to the mall and a group of people walked by laughing...they were laughing at me.

it took me a long time to get over that...

luv, jojoof the somebody's watching meeeeee! class

• DannyHaszard
  • kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

oh yeah...and demons too...forgot about that one.....demons were EVERYWHERE. everytime my mother caught me doing something that was against the borg, she was sure it was due to demon possession. so she would go tear my room apart, throwing out clothes, cd's, books, anything to get rid of the demon that was lurking somewhere in her house. this happened on more than one occasion too...

man...i swear...the more i post about her, the more i realize how the borg made my mother a certified nut!! jeezus....

luv, jojo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit