Witness Paranoia, and former Witness Paranoia

by free2beme 26 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

When I was a Witness, I once had a elder tell me that he was positive the FBI was tracking Witness activity. Even saying that he would not fill out anything that stated his religion on official, or even unofficial documents that were not from the society, as he felt this was a tool to track Witnesses. I remember once in a talk, it was mentioned that Witnesses are not free from government tracking and that we should expect this. I also remember a Witness at work feeling me that they were targeted for abuse, for being a Witnesses and even felt they were being pushed out for being a Witness. In reality, they were lazy and irresponsible and most people knew little of their religion, but knew their poor work ethic. Paranoia as a Witness in multiple salutations was prominent and I remember several examples.

Now as a former Witness, I see on sites like this, items that show other forms of Paranoia. Where people just know the society has watch dogs watching this site, that people are posting under accounts that show them as former Witnesses, when their not. I could go on an on. I personally wonder though, why would we care any way?

What kind of paranoid examples did you see as a Witness, and even after?

• Highlander
    Highlander

Witnesses are paranoid of us(apostates).

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

has anyone ever hacked the wts system? the computer system? not to change the subject...

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

even paranoid people have enemies ! ! !

i should know

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

theyre all crackpots... theyre paranoid that satan is after them... fuck, i think he has better things to do than chase a bunch of morons around!!! ha ha, morons...

the infamous one

• luna2
    luna2

JW's think they are more important than they really are....and that, since they are, after all, Jeehoobe's only true org, Satan is gunning for them and will use Babs the Great and the world governments in his power to stalk and harrass them day and night. The whole concept is exhausting.

ex-JW's may have some reason for paranoia. If they are living the JW-life but are undercover "apostates", there is the fear that they will be outed. Its a valid fear...it's happened to people. Sometimes elders do go online and try to find dirt on congregation members (recently this happened to some on MySpace). Also, if you've faded in order to retain speaking/association rights to your JWfamily it would be a concern to be found on this board or other exJW boards and run the risk of being DF'd.

For ex-JW's that are openly out, whether faded, DF'd or DA'd, I can't see any reason for paranoia. I mean, what can they do to you that you would care about? Heck, if they don't talk to me, that's actually a plus!

• slugga
    slugga

One Word to strike fear into any Dub

SMURF

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Dont start me on this one.

There was a friend/acquaintance of mine (hes still in) who said that he had heard in a talk that the United Nations had powers to shut down religion within 7 days should they wish to do it; I remember feeling this impending sense of panic and anxiety that the persecution could soon be around the corner.

I now look back with my law degree and laugh! I wish I knew then what I know now, I wouldve torn him to shreds on this issue and forced him to research the point himself.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I once had a elder tell me that he was positive the FBI was tracking Witness activity. Even saying that he would not fill out anything that stated his religion on official, or even unofficial documents that were not from the society, as he felt this was a tool to track Witnesses.

That poor man needs to be more concerned about other Witnesses than the FBI. His fellow brothers in da troof will turn on him quicker than any government agency. There just aren't that many elder positions that come open.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

As an active dub had the paranoid 'persecution complex' remember all destructive cults like Jehovah's Witnesses instill phobias

Now i am PRUDENT NOT PARANOID i don't see 'reds under the bed'-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit