What Role Does JWD Play in Your Social Life?

by onesong 33 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Sometimes I feel like I spend to much time visiting the forum but then I remember that when I left the Org. my social circle went from literally hundreds down to about 5 or 6.

So no guilt at all--I'm glad to to be here and am grateful to everyone of you!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ER well I do spend too much time here. While I am having a drink in the evening after dinner , I often post on here

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As a wheelchair user in a cold northern winter, JWD IS my social life.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I don't have a social life, but I didn't as a JW either. My social life consists of visiting out of town family members every few weeks. My only other interaction with the human race consists of people nagging me for computer help at work, and posting here.

W

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Its been great to actually meet people of like minds who have been through similar experiences; I enjoy posting while at work when I should be doing something more productive

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Not as much as it used to. I've found myself becomming an ex-ex-JW lately. It feels good.

Kwin

• luna2
    luna2

I don't have a social life either. Meeting my son for lunch once in a while, going out of town to meet up with friends I met online once a year or so, and this board is my social life.

I got tired of going to JW functions when I was still a dub, so I faded from that social scene long before I dropped out of the religion. Guess being alone got to be a habit. LOL

• ferret
    ferret

Absolutely none.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Many times, I can't set down to watch a show on TV without my laptop. My friends are here and I enjoy visiting with them!

Bryan

• greendawn
    greendawn

I use it between working on the computer, and it is a refreshing change. This is a virtual social life, it's not like real social life but it is useful for exchanging ideas.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit