My life - a new turn

by InquiryMan 42 Replies latest jw experiences

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

InquiryMan, I am astounded at your honesty! You operate on a higher plane than most! I have no doubt that your wife is your best friend.

Pete

• LDH
    LDH

IM,

A couple of thoughts. The fact that your wife is such a wonderful person isn't an accident! You attracted her with your amazing honesty, ethics and morals. (I guess the fact that you copped a feel before getting married didn't hurt either!)

Also you said:

(I’ve paid special attention to those of my sort).

We are ALL of your sort. Gay or straight, male or female. We are, every human being, trying to live the best life we can. No one leads a charmed life.

Cheers to you for following your heart.

Lisa

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Thanks a lot for your support. It warms me a lot. I’ve learnt to be somewhat more open through the process, although trying not to be too candid. Honesty is important to me. I did not impy to exclude anyone, Lisa. We are all human beings. As a witness, I e.g. never liked the subordinate position of women, I for instance, would not have objected to the thought of female elders... :-) I got along better with the sisters any one. What I did mean by saying "my" sort, is that I’ve paid a special attention to such posters in a way, cause it hit a "secret" (not so any longer) spot in me.

• KW13
    KW13

That must of been hard to write, good luck with the future!

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

It was a process that has taken years. But once I’d told my wife, become part of the support group I was ready to tell my story her, although I`ve been her for years.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    We are ALL of your sort. Gay or straight, male or female. We are, every human being, trying to live the best life we can. No one leads a charmed life.

AMEN to that! I've really started looking at people as people without forcing "titles" onto them or putting them into my neat little boxes. It's hard after being raised like that, but having the ability to look at people as human is freeing in a way.

• LDH
    LDH

Andi I agree.

Trying to put people in a 'box' is so mentally exhausting.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i'd rather see a man in boxers than a box

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Congrats Inquiry Man! I read this post at school earlier today, but I didn't have time to post until now. I know one other gay man who was married, and his wife finally said one day, "Honey, do you think you're gay?" He was shocked, but releived, and from that point on he could come out of the closet. He also said when he told his kids, (who were teens) they said, "we already figured that, Dad, our friends keep asking us why our mom married a gay man."

I'm glad you can live honestly and happily.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I do not necessarily think my life will be any happier - although I hope so - but much easier, having at last found inner peace. I am overwhelmed that more than 400 people have read my story :-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit