satanism, witchcraft and devil worship. . . . . .

by DCs Ghost 51 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Saint Satan,
    I figured your use of that name had something to do with bugging the easily bugged--shame on you! LOL!
    I myself began mediting in early 2000, and I know what you mean about finding yourself. It's like a very very slow unfolding (well for me it's slow ;). I know very little about the Tao. I have a very good friend who's a zen buddhist, is it similar?
    I had thought about suggesting a form of meditation to A Guest (or maybe a "be still and know that I am god") Perhaps a quieting of the soul would sooth her, as her voices and visions don't seem to be bringing her good news (the Christians rarely see anything but negative). But who are we to judge? I appreciated your comments to her on that thread. Very non judgemental and non threatening. Didn't feed into any god's prophet slash martyr syndrome. She reminds me of some things I've read about Joan of Arc or St. John of the Cross.
    Interesting.
    I enoy your posts.
    Peace,
    B. :)
    DCG,
    Good to know that you've kept your sanity even though, you've essentially lost your mother. I miss having my mother fully in my life, too.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bridgette

I wish i could answer your questions about zen buddhism and taoism. I know they have things in common but not specifically. The taoist book i'm reading now is about how to manipulate energy. The author is mantak chia. Book is called chi nei tsang. But really i only have general knowledge so far, in these fields.

Some of aguests responses agreed with what i have learned/experienced and so i stuck up for her. But she could still be a scammer. Spirituality is no guarantee of quality personality. I find her bible quotes and archaic jewish expressions irritating. You may be right about the martyr complex. Some people think she's desperate for attention. She's certainly getting that!

You have been meditating longer than i. Do you feel it getting tougher? I have slacked off on meditation since may, although i do some taoist energy stuff during the day as i feel the need.

My theory on the book of revelation, is that it is john exploring his OWN psyche or subconscious, with perhaps some input from a higher spirit. A shaman could write similar stuff after a trip. During meditation i have sometimes had very clear impressions of a cathedral, the control room on a ship or other things. Aguest could be manufacturing a lot of her own stuff as well. Many christians have some kind of spiritual experience, and immediately jump to the conclusion that god has chosen them to be his special emmisaries to do something or other. Buddhist monks have manifestations too and generally ignor them. The christian theology often twists people all out of reasonable shape.

How did you know why i use this name? Are you psychic?

S

• claudia
    claudia

Oh dc, thats not a real mom. I am crazy about my kids regardless of any beleif they may or may not have.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

S.S.,
    Am I psychic? Well, actually, the lord spake unto me in a dream....kidding! I have my deeply intuitive moments, but actually, I gleaned this information as I read your comments in a previous post on this thread (something about using the name just to bug the fundys). OK, I hope everyone reading this has a sense of humor, because I truly do honor all paths, adn people.
    About meditative practice; it waxes and wanes, as does everything. Actually, I've been going through a time where it feels like work. Like I don't fall into the connection. My mind just will not still itself. But I know that this passes. Does that make sense?
    Oh, and I totally believe what you're saying about John's Revelation being a manifestation from his own psyche of what some masters were attempting to channel to him. I'd never thought of it in that sense, but I do believe that the universe "speaks" in a language of energies. Have you ever read anything about the Kaballah (Jewish mysticism)? Very fascinating. It asserts that there's "messages" coming in all the time, and our minds are like receivers. But our belief systems can color and very much influence how we interpret them. So, if all you've been taught is apocolyptic scenarios with a godhead that is just waiting to destroy you adn others for any slight infraction, then.....how you're going to interpret the universe, is as a brutal place, when in fact, if you see the glass as half full, the universe is a very loving place. Filled with people who truly, at their core, want to love and accept one another. We create our own realities.
    B.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

And Claudia,
    I agree with you, that she's not acting in the capacity as a real mother. I am a mother also, and NOTHING could break that bond (it's a physical, mental, emotional, spiritual, literal bond, that only grows with time). And that, to me, is one of the scariest things about the nature of the org, or any group that could have so much control that it could interfere with that bond? It's completely unnatural and literally dehumanizing. She must be dying or dead inside.
    I don't think my mother could do it. I knew a mother (elder's wife) who's teenage son got Df'd and he simply wanted nothing to do with the organization anymore, and she COULD NOT SHUN HIM. She just couldn't. She finally left after a lot of heart break, because she said, even if I die, why would I want to live forever in "paradise" without my child? Interestingly, though, the further she drifted from the org, the closer she got to "god" on an individual level. She read her bible a lot more, seh prayed a lot more, and seemed to be at peace, where before, she'd always, always, ALWAYS been depressed and emotionally distraught over this or that when she'd been in the thick of it.
    Things that make you go hmmmmmm.......
    B. :)

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

hi Bridgette,
    thnks for the kind words,
    your last comment touches upon why i use Anais Nin's quote. . .
    we see the world the way we are programmed to,

my nature is to question why, which eventually led me out of the borg, it is said that everything happens for a reason, i think the borg experience opened my mind and caused me to go back and research why i believed what i did,
    when i finally realized that the bible had no more truth in it than the koran or any other holy books for that matter, it was an eye opener and confirmed my views that the borg was way off,
    it gave me a fresh perspective on life, from there i continued exploring and realizing that i was seeking out my own spiritual nature without a feeling of impending doom,
    i was being true to my self and i no longer had the weight of guilt to tell me i was doing something wrong,
    i ended up in the one place that always intrigued me,
    the irony is too sweet, i ended up at the root of why i believe what i do, by questioning the ones who taught me to avoid the place i am at now, the very same place that was taught to be so "evil" in reality has helped me get in tune with myself and the creative force that surrounds us all, i got here by trashing the hard drive and reinstalling what i feel to be truth and real from my perspective and personal experience,

Satan
    life does get better indeed, there is such a feeling of empowerment in knowing that you are in control of your life and that you are doing the things that you feel you should be doing, and not wasting your life on a pointless mission led by another's agenda,
    i can relate to the feelings of depression, (i'm kinda upset myself that i missed the 60's), but seriously it took me a while to realize i was depressed, i guess it was denial, i didn't want to confront that side of my nature for i thought it would make me weak, in reality avoiding it was making me weaker, but a good therapist and meds go a long way, keeps your happy happy, if you know what i mean. . . .
    im interested in the energy manipulation that you speak of, any begginers book that you recommend other than the one you mentioned earlier?

Claudia,
    ever watch south park? the episode where kyle helps restore democracy in cuba and later reports his parents for molesting him so he could go see the raging pussies, on cartman's suggestion. . .
    anyhows point is the kids referred to the parents as birthgivers and nothing more, seems to be the perspective i have taken on her. . . .

peace all
    dc

• Satanus
    Satanus

DCG

Basic Psychic Development : A User's Guide to Auras, Chakra & Clairvoyance
    by John Friedlander, Gloria Hemsher

List Price: $14.95

Paperback - 192 pages (March 1999)
    Red Wheel/Weiser; ISBN: 1578630231 ; Dimensions (in inches): 0.48 x 8.25 x 5.43

This book has maybe 20 exercises in energy movement. The psychic developement part of the title might be an over emphasis. Then again you may be more psychic than i. Anyway, i liked this book and it's not too expensive, i still use some of these techniques, not nearly all. At amazon.com you can read other peoples comments.

Bridgette

Yes, the kabala is very interesting although probably more complex than needs be. Israel shamir says that the top israeli politicians call in the hasidics for guidance from it. I'm imagine that it works, but on the other hand, i would stay away from anything jewish, remember who wrote the bible and the talmud. Other cultures have a higher level of spirituality. Most of the bible is very anti-gentile.

The 100 year old book mysticism by evylen underhill is a study of the stages that many of the christian mystics went through. While it is mostly from a christian perspective, i believe spiritual seekers of all paths could benefit from it. For instance, the need for solitude applies across the board. Aleister crowley told his desciples to not listen to the media, today that would include radio, television and newspapers. Elijah, if he existed, seems to have spent a lot of time by himself in his tent. He made his servants do the running around. He liked to pitch it on the top of a mountain.

S

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

S.S.
    I believe in the need for solitude in spiritual progression. I myself, am somewhat of an extrovert, though. I've learned balance. Deepak Chopra in his book "how to know god" talks about being detached but engaged.
    I just love people. But I have my moments where I have to swim to my deep waters (I'm a pisces) and "brood" for no reason, sometimes. I come back recharged.
    I think Christians (esp. JW's) are desperately afraid of ever being still or alone. They need each other to reinforce their belief system, AND they hold to the old addage of empty minds invite the demons inside (demons, meaning freethought, methinks). I remember my dad telling me once, even though he was an elder that even Jesus needed to retreat to the mountains ALONE.

We live in a beautiful world....lyrics from my favorite song from Coldplay: "Don't Panic" which is playing now.
    Well, I'm off to actual reality now.
    Bright Blessings all!
    B.
    p.s. dc, I hope in the next incarnation, we can have real, meaningful relationships with our mothers. What do you think we and/or they are supposed to learn here? I often wonder.

• peacepipe
    peacepipe

DCs Ghost,
    You said

when i finally realized that the bible had no more truth in it than the koran or any other holy books for that matter, it was an eye opener

What influenced you the most in that realization? I've many times questioned the authenticity of the Bible but I guess I've never with all certainity thought it false or dare say so anyhow. Just curious.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Bridgette

So true about jws fear of being alone, or finding so much strength in being in large groups of their own ilk. Then there is their tremendous fear of demons and the devil. Then the lie about meditation being a practice of emptying the mind, which mind, of course a demon will instantly occupy. Most of the material i've read on the practice of meditation taught not to empty the mind, but to still it, to detatch from thoughts and emotions. It's like being an observer without getting involved. There is nothing to be afraid of except onself or ones own thoughts.

Which brings me to another way that christianity cripples its adherents. The christian concept of sin is that we are all inherently sinful and at the core wicked, bad, deserving nothing but death. That is, without christ. Who would want to look at his/her own center if they thought that was what dwelled there? Talk about insecurity!

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit