satanism, witchcraft and devil worship. . . . . .

by DCs Ghost 51 Replies latest jw friends

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

contrary to popular belief and what society and the media will portray satanism, devil worship and witchcraft are 3 very independent systems of belief,
    sure, to those who are afraid of looking into books dealing with the occult, for fear of being possessed or what have you, i write this as a vent because it makes me laugh when i hear people assume that the three are the same, they aren't,
    and the reality is that even though the three get bunched up as the same, many times it is the ignorance of the practitioners which keeps the ignorance alive. . .

quick lesson for all who are curious and for anyone that wants to know the truth. . .

Satanism is the newest of the three beliefs, started by Anton Szandor LaVey in the late 60's and gained recognition as a religion shortly after, contrary to what the name implies, Satanism IS NOT WORSHIP OF SATAN, surprise!!! it is a religion based on self-gratification, started by a carnie (he was carnival folk in his early days) as a mixture of mockery and rebellion towards mainstream christianity based on common sense realities of every day life, pretty much in a nutshell it is about being true to yourself, and looking out for yourself, and not letting others fuck you over. . . .

Devil Worship goes way back and it can be seen in different lights,
    from a puritanical point of view, anyone that worshipped a different god other than the one of the conquering group was a devil worshipper,
    from a devil worshippers point of view, if he was truly a devil worshipper he pretty much blatently practiced the black arts, with no remorse

Witchcraft is and was a nature based religion that is as ancient as time itself based on worship of the goddess, the female counterpart that has been supressed by patriarchy, in any tribe that exists in any remote part of the world you can rest assured that to some extent or other, the practice which society calls witchcraft occurs, in essence it deals with the aforementioned goddess, nature, and overall respect for our mother earth,

these descriptions are very brief , i could go on but my intention is not to bore but to explain the difference and share the awareness. . .

peace
    dc
    edited for grammar

• tattoogrl333
    tattoogrl333

I have the satanic bible and I do have to admit that I was surprised by what is written in it. It was completely different from what I expected.

• riz
    riz

It is interesting that Satanism and the Satanic Bible focus on putting yourself and your needs above anything else. It's not about sacrificing chickens and virgins like most people assume.

Satanism has been sensationalized and demonized, when in reality, when taken for what it is, it really isn't all that controversial.

DC, you introduced me to L'ame Immortelle. This is my favorite verse from "Love is Lost"

It's not the evil from down below
    Which creeps and lurks under the snow
    It's not of Satan's will we fall
    It's due to the evil in us all

It's easy to blame satan when bad things happen because to recognize that some people are willfully evil is too scary.

riz

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

Riz
    you are so right it isn't about sacrifices at all,
    i think that the only "religions" that call for sacrifices are santeria and voodoo which in essence is the same thing different ethnicity but similar source of origin. . .

any time it is depicted in a film a pentagram goes up and candles surround it and hell breaks loose, sad so sad
    they should do their research

btw, i love those guys,
    german insustrial rocks!!!!
    they have a new album and what i have heard is good

if anyone else wants to know more about them
    http://www.lameimmortelle.com/entry-s.asp

tattoo
    i was quite surprised myself, it is all about common sense, i think that it is its simplicity that freaks people out,
    the rap that it gets from those who miss the point and misrepresent it , doesn't help the cause,
    granted that the name invokes a dark connotation those that use it as an excuse to do what they want without responsability are completely missing the point. . .

i have been looking for the satanic verses, to add to my library . . . haven't come across it yet

what to do , what to do. . . .

dc

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Dear DC's Ghost:
    Thank you sooooo much for clarifying these points. Sometimes I want to say something, but I often find that when people are in a certain fear based mind set, they simply cannot understand specific precepts about other beliefs and spiritual paths. Only when I connected to the feminine aspect of the universe (yes, Goddess) did I feel like I finally began to understand "god". This angry, punitive, corporate head, male godhead I'd always had crammed down my throat--I could never connect to. I am nothing religiously but I incorporate many aspects of many belief systems on my path. Science plays a huge role in my "belief system". But anything that reflects Veritas et Ratio goes in my book.
    I have actually had it explained to me, that "devil" worship or the worship of "Satan" (different than Satanism) is actually an offshoot of Christianity, since none of the "pagans" I know even recognize this entity (a product of the dualist nature of Christianity--there must be a baddy to the goody--no balance and NO inbetween).
    Thank you.....
    Bridgette (Celtic goddess of creativity)

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm a little devil... anyone want to worship me?

heeheehee

I was too far out... and not waving but drowning - Stevie Smith

• DCs Ghost
    DCs Ghost

hey Bridgette
    thanks for your comment, and for pointing out duality
    seems that the word satan freaks people out,
    can't imagine why,
    the irony is that you hear his name more in a kingdom hall or any other christian based church than you do outside of it,
    points to ponder. . .
    i'll be back with more later

peace
    dc

• claudia
    claudia

dc, I dated a satanist years ago, he followed anton laveys teachings, its not what people think. They are NOT the same as christian satanist. the man I am with now is pagan, and he is a wonderful father to our daughter. That didnt go over too big though with my jw family. My sister made the most noise over it, funny though her jw husband was cheating doing drugs, gambling, was a drunk to boot! But at least he beleived in jehovah!

• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

DC,

Bravo on your post! It's a shame so many people still believe the contrary.

and Bridgettte, you wrote:

>>Only when I connected to the feminine aspect of the universe (yes, Goddess) did I feel like I finally began to understand "god". This angry, punitive, corporate head, male godhead I'd always had crammed down my throat--I could never connect to.<<

My sentiments exactly! Blessed be,

Silverleaf

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Silver Leaf,
    I am new to this path, and by no means initiated (just read a lot of Scott Cunningham :) but I had seen one of your posts on another subject and wondered if you were not one of my kind. Bright Blessings. :)
    I would like to just clarify my previous post, as I do not want to come across as a male hater because of my JW past--nothing could be farther from the truth. In fact, reverence for Goddess has helped (is helping me) to connect with the male aspect of the universe (God) in a far more healthy way than ever before. Still, there are some things you feel more comfortable with talking to your mother about than your father.
    I would love to know more about you, and your path, if you'd like to share. I've never known a feeling like connection with the Goddess gives me. It's helped me to be happier, healthier (physically and mentally) a better parent, and a better wife.
    Love,
    Bridgette :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit