They're Making The Elderly Feel Guilty If They Don't Phone Witness

by minimus 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Think
    Think

They are running out of options.

The next step will be advice in WT mag and talk : " HOW TO SUCCESFULLY PROVIDE WITNESSING TO THE APOSTATES ON THE INTERNET ? But avoid to LISTEN to them. Just talk ALL THE TIME, they are dangerous " LOL

• carla
    carla

who's going to slam the phone on a old man or woman?? The Watchtower Society is always thinking.------------------

Sorry, no problem here doing that. They call me with that crap I don't care how old they are.

• Scully
    Scully

I have the following message on a post-it note right next to every phone in the house:

"We don't do business over the phone here. Please remove our number from your list. If you call again, I will make a harassment complaint."

It works for us.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Danny, I remember Raftopolous giving that talk

Yep,that long ago and i remember he said she was from Dorchester (south of Boston)

• willyloman
    willyloman

These alternative forms of witnessing are even less effective than D2D. In our old congo, the "friends" avoided phone witnessing like the plague. Too many bad experiences with telemarketers, I guess.

We had letter-writing at our congo in two private homes on a mid-week mornings. People showed up with donuts, drank the coffee, sat around and wrote letters (by hand!), and gossiped.

In several years, the entire congo got back one response and that was from somebody who was mentally challenged.

One young bro brought his laptop one day and suggested we all team up and write one really good letter, run out many copies, and stuff envelopes. You'd think he pooped on the donuts! No one wanted to do this because it would only take a few minutes to "cover the territory." Yes, there are lettter-writing territories, lists of mailing addresses supplied by the congo.

The next week he showed up with a KM from several years back which suggested letters should be typed so as to make a more professional impression on householders who receive them. No one was familiar with this admonition from Mother and virtually the entire group was opposed to the idea. He proceeded to make copies and stuff envelopes, anyway. Within a couple of weeks, half the dubs in the group stopped coming. We heard later that several of them decided to just write letters at home and give them to a pioneer sister to create envelopes and mail them.

It's all about getting your time in.

• sir82
    sir82
    it would only take a few minutes to "cover the territory"

How to perform the "pioneer shuffle" in writing territory -- make sure all letters are written by hand!

ROFL!

• minimus
    minimus

Write in--------- l o n g----------- hand.

• undercover
    undercover

Hey...I remember a Dennis Raftopolis...is this the same guy ya'll are talking about?

He was a good speaker, but kinda in a TV spokesman creepy kind of way.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Ah, the blessings of an unlisted phone number! Don't have to worry about those phone calls. Plus being on the national do not call registry saves us from most of the other phone calls as well.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I believe the primary reason they are emphasizing phone witnessing is because of the preponderance of not-at-homes when door-to-door work is done. Door-to-door work is extremely non-productive and as brought out in other posts phone witnessing is convenient and doable for many of the aged and infirm. You have to utilize your workforce in the best way you can.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit