Complete ban on smoking in public places just passed in England

by ballistic 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

No smoking here is great! Woohoo!

I was guilty of smoking and when I did, I didn't want to inflict it upon others.

Sirona

• scotsman
    scotsman

You English new that being ruled by Scots would result in you following our lead...

I'm a little more scunnered by the ID cards to be honest.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    And what about the staff working in that 30% sector?

A lot of bar staff are actually smokers, it goes with the territory. I don't have figures but I would say it was cloaser to the 70% than the 30%.

Anyhow, I didn't expect to change anyones opinion.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    Complete ban on smoking in public places just passed in England

*makes note to avoid england in cross-world semi-automatic rifle killing spree*

i wouldn't want to get any by-law infraction fines while i was at it... ;)

is it still illegal in england to expose yourself in public while snorting coke off of the back of your hand?

TS

• ballistic
    ballistic

Anyway, just nipping out for valentines night afterall, my mate just split up with his girlfriend (again) god...

heh - just take my tobacco with me folks - cya.

• Chimene
    Chimene

chimene....

you don't say?

Sorry Undercover! I pasted something and it didn't take, oops!

I've been smoking for a loooooonnnng time, but never have been rude about it. I haven't smoked in my house for 13 years. I found out it causes children to have ear infections constantly. My oldest had them constantly. I quit, and she never had one again. Thank god I stopped, my second daughter was born with asthma.

I alwasy sit in the non smoking section of restaurants. The only place I would smoke inside would be in a sports bar or something like that

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I don't mean any disrespect here Chimene but if you realised that smoking near your daughter was bad for her, stopped and even noticed an improvement when you did so why would you think it is okay to smoke around anyone else? Even in a sports bar?

• ballistic
    ballistic
    why would you think it is okay to smoke around anyone else? Even in a sports bar?

Maybe because people choose whether to go there or not.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Hey ballistic

I like you man - always have. So how 'bout we draw a line under this one, it's just not a battle I choose to fight in. We don't have to agree on everything do we?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Suits me fine. This is a highly contentious issue when I bring it up in "the real world" also.

Darn though, I've seen "substances" smoked at apostfests , I thought maybe I would get a little more sympathy!!!

I'm just waiting for my taxi.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit