What is the big deal about Valentines Day?

by damselfly 47 Replies latest social relationships

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    What do you want for valentines day?

I'd just like for my JW boyfriend to call or email me and say "Happy Valentine's Day, I love you." That's all, I don't need anything fancy.

It's not gonna happen, though.

-Becka :)

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    which I had to toss of course!

I know that feeling. Trying to suck down 24 pieces of candy before you get home sucked. But it was so good.

I do know what you mean though. If neglected on a daily basis, it does not mean squat to me if you showed up with a whole bed of flowers. I would prefer just to have love and someone who actually thought of the responsible and loving little things daily.

It is like a double offense to be the type of person who does not ask for the moon, and yet while keeping it all so simple and not demanding, your simple needs get overlooked. Makes me wonder if people are suckers for punishment.

I watch friend after friend treat men like crap. They cheat on them, use them, lie to them, and play all these silly games. Yet somehow the guys just line up and take it over and over. Then it has been my experience that quite a few of them look around and say, oh...Hey Sparky, your a nice girl, what do you think about....blah, blah, blah?

If you are not smart enough to notice me the first time around, I don't really want to be sloppy, settling, seconds. I really hate that. It seems to me if I am not flashy and put on pretence of just oozing sex all the time that I am overlooked. This actually could not be any further than the truth. I just feel that flash is so shallow. And it is kind of the hairy chest guy that has to have the reddest Corvette, or the gold chains with the shirt unbuttoned down to the navel, all the while spouting about all the money they make,,,,You have to wonder what they are trying to compensate for.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Got my Valentines gift this evening...wife got me pajama bottoms with monkeys printed on it...she trying to tell me something?

• damselfly
    damselfly
    I would prefer just to have love and someone who actually thought of the responsible and loving little things daily.

Exactly!

I want someone who is thoughtful about the little things and doesn't expect me to do everything for him around the house. That shouldn't be hard to find.

Dams

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Can anyone say, "Bitter, Party of one." lol

I have to laugh at how stale and fitsy I sound on my post.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

hey dams,

of course, there is nothing significant about valentines day. and it seems like it is really just an excuse for people who are not together with each other to kind of flirt and carry on in that sort of way. maybe have a fling, or whatever. and in that way it's good, imo, because our culture is so, kind of, up-tight about expressing interest in romance. you know, unlike the italians or the latinos for example, lol.

but i agree, being in a long term committed thing doesn't really seem to jive with valentines. if anything it just reminds us of those crazy whirl-wind days when you are newly falling in love with someone, and there is a constant marvin gaye sountrack playing in your head. hehe.

but on an up note, tomorrow will be my first valentines ever! ever ever ever in 29 years. no wife, no religious restrictions. wow. what should i do? lol. i am totally lost. ha ha.

well, don't frown anymore dams darling, i'll send you these anyways: and you can tuck the tetra-valentines away with your chocolate and whatnot.

take care,

ts

• damselfly
    damselfly
    tomorrow will be my first valentines ever! ever ever ever in 29 years. no wife, no religious restrictions. wow. what should i do? lol. i am totally lost. ha ha.

Well tetragod, I think you should flirt with as many random strangers as possible as your very first valentines day. Practice making love with your eyes in the mirror beforehand and best of luck!

Dams **tucking the tetra-goodies away for later**

• slugga
    slugga

Aw its just a racket to make money out of us that are attached and make those that are single feel like sh*t.

My anniversary happens to fall on the 14th so i definitely can't avoid it or forget it without forfeiting my testicle's

Matt

8 years today, yay !

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Heyya Dams and Tetra!

I changed up my Avatar for you two!!

There, a Valentine for you both.

Do you see the pained look on my face?

• damselfly
    damselfly

Aw sweetie I love that picture of you.

Sparky ~ I want you to be my cyber-valentine. Circle yes or no lol