What is the big deal about Valentines Day?

by damselfly 47 Replies latest social relationships

• damselfly
    damselfly

I don't quite understand all the "hype" and the endless questions about what my s/o is going to do/get me for the "big day"

I think diamonds are ugly, I don't like gold, flowers die and if want chocolate I'll buy it myself thanks.

Honestly what I want for Valentines Day is for him to start being financially responsible and pick up after himself. Hmmm.... is there a card for that?

What do you want for valentines day?

Dams

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Honestly what I want for Valentines Day is for him to start being financially responsible and pick up after himself. Hmmm.... is there a card for that?

Haha...LMAO...Only in your dreams baby will he do that!

(I meant the clean up after himself part.)

• damselfly
    damselfly
    (I meant the clean up after himself part.)

So my Valentine's Day bubble is burst.

Dams

• theredhead
    theredhead

If you find a card like that please let me know! I am the same way no flowers or jewelery and Ill buy my own candy thank you.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I agree... although I don't have a Valentine... but still... I dont think a naked baby shooting arrows is going to cure my romance difficulties, lmao.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Sounds to me like you should get a job with Hallmark. LOL. My wife doesn't expect anything but she loves Valentine's day. She made personalized cards for my son to take to kindergarten. She alos made rice krispy treats on a stick all decorated in red with heart wrapping paper.

We're going out this weekend for a work social function but we've got a sitter for the kids and were going to get a room at the hotel. So we should have a good evening.

• lucifer
    lucifer

make him a homemade valentines card that says it...hey its the thought that counts lol

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well I cannot tell you this year what is so great about it.

This is my first Fooking Valentines going stag.

Fortunately, I have a glitter glue wad, and a macaroni heart made by my youngest.

I can say that in the past, Valentines never stood out as extra special because I have been spoilt a bit by some people. So it was not a huge deal. Spoilt came daily. Not always in objects, because we all know that is so shallow after a bit. But by being loved and cared for. By being called and told, or by letters in the mail, the small things that make one feel special can mean so much. It never failed that be it a guy or a gal sending words of love to me, I always had a blast. But this year it seems like a really big deal, seeing I am not on a "special" list.

Maybe Arrowstars and Billygoats.

So who wants to join my pity party? I personally think I am going to call my single girl pals and hit happy hour. Most certianly, the drinks will make it all go away for a bit.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Hmmm... I'd like my man to make me dinner and clean up afterwards... That would be nice...

Its the simple things...

• damselfly
    damselfly
    Fortunately, I have a glitter glue wad, and a macaroni heart made by my youngest.

I envy you, that would make my day!

I liked Valentines Day in grade school when I would get the homemade cards etc ( which I had to toss of course! ) But now I just can't get behind it. Don't make a big deal out of me on one day out of the year when after repeated requests you can't be bothered to make an attempt on daily things.

Have a drink for me Sparky

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit