Do JWs Consider You To Be An "Apostate"?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Definitely, Min. As a matter of fact, after I wrote that letter to the GB telling them what hypocrites and white-washed graves they were, which prompted my dF'ing 6 weeks after the fact, rumors were running rampant about my "apostasy."

I learned years later that the rumors were that I'd changed my name and started my own religion. I chortled when I heard about it.

Oh well, anything to keep control over the messes.

Frannie

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

After the "hypocro-fest" of today's Watchtower meeting I think anything is possible. How could I be expected to keep a straight face listrening to the Dubbies describe the difference between "righteous" and "self-righteous". The sad part is they are unaware of just how ignorant they are of the dealings of the organization to which they devote such a large portion of their lives.

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Oh, most definitely. I am the number one apostate in this small town. You should see the absolute look of fear come into the dubs' eyes when they run into me. The elders are still seething because I will not take off my Silent Lambs/FreeMinds sticker off our mailbox.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

My sister does. Maybe my youngest brother. I don't know about anyone else. I suppose anyone my sister can get to listen to her will think of me as an apostate now a days.

• lv4fer
    lv4fer

Oh yes, I was told that I think too much. That is why I am an Apostate. What a novel idea, thinking. That was what led to my demise. An elder actually told me that.

• jonsey
    jonsey

I am driving the Apostate Bus...who's riding?

MJ

• atypical
    atypical

Yes. That actual word was not used, but I was accused of speaking against the organization and labeled "bad association". However, I confronted the one who said this, and he backed off. We are now friends on a completely "witness free" level.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    "hypocro-fest"

ooooooooooo, I LOVE this new word, MinisterAmos. I'm gonna hafta plagiarize it to the max now.....heheh

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I don't know.

What would you have considered an unbaptized athiest who has a problem with all religion, including jw's to be?

• carla
    carla

One day as husbands jaw dropped to the floor while saying loudly, 'you sound like an apostate or something!', (no shit sherlock) I had to fill him in that technically I'm not an apostate as I was never a jw. You know I get tired of filling him in on his own doctrines. That day I had a good chuckle though, me sounding like an apostate? who'd of guessed? You think all the anti witness books gave it away?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit