Do JWs Consider You To Be An "Apostate"?

by minimus 42 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

We all know that our simply being HERE is considered an act of apostasy by Witnesses. Whether they know you frequent such boards or not, are YOU considered an "apostate" by the Witnesses?

• greendawn
    greendawn

I was considered an "apostate" before I left back in the 1980's because of disagreements with the blood policy, the 1914 generation concept, and the totalitarian attitude euphimistically called theocracy.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Amazingly Yes. As a matter of fact I just recieved a phone call about a half hour ago. It went something like this:

• Ring Ring:
    • I said Hello
    • Is So and so there
    • I replied No
    • The phone hung up

What the moron on the other line forgets about is modern technology. I used my caller ID to identify her. It was this sister from Conn. trying to find out if my daughter was home so she could talk to her daughter. How rude. They have been shunning me for some time now even though I have not been DF'd as of yet. But believe me word has gotton out about me. Ask me if I really care or give a rats ass?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

If I'm not I probably will be soon.

~Merry

• JH
    JH

Can you be considered an apostate and still a JW?

• minimus
    minimus

An "apostate Jehovah's Witness"? .....That's probably a very correct expression.

• Nina
    Nina

I heard years ago that I was an apostate. I also heard that I had met a man on the internet and run off with him to Brazil. These things were said at a JW wedding shower so they must be true.

Nina

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Depends how you define 'apostate'. I still believe in God and the Bible so I am not a scriptural apostate. By the Watchtower's self-serving definition though, yes, I am an apostate, because I have left them and speak to others about what beliefs they have wrong.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Dunno. The signs are indicating the thought may have crossed their minds.

The last one I talked with told me I was "harrassing his heart with apostasy".

My address is marked as Do Not Call On on the back of a Territory card.

My son and ex wife will not speak to me since I left the Watchtower Lie.

• hybridous
    hybridous

Everything I think and feel about the WT religion/cult would put me in that category. However, I was not baptized, so I was never officially a JW. I cannot be DFd (or unwillingly DAd).

So I could unload what I know on the family, and they would say that say that I have 'apostate leanings', but I think the official term is reserved for one who has been disfellowshipped under such charges.

My goal is actually to have the best possible relationship with the family, so I need to avoid that label and any association with it. Consequently, I bit my tongue a lot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit