SOME GENUINE QUESTIONS FOR PMJ

by diamondblue1974 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I have some genuine questions for you PMJ which I hope you will take the time to answer;

I was brought up as a witness and left over a decade ago; I have always struggled with these points and hope you can provide an explanation.

1. The main answer to the questions in relation to wickedness being permitted is that Jehovah is proving Satan to be a liar (in other words to prove a point). Do you accept that this is the case?

2. If so why should Jehovah (the god of all armies) have to prove any point to someone (Satan) whose opinion shouldnt matter?

3. Why should Jehovah have to sacrifice his son because of the actions of a so called rebellious spirit?

4. Wouldnt the most loving thing to do (if this explanation has any truth in it) be to destroy Satan earlier and therefore dispense with the need for a ransom sacrifice?

5. When would it be loving for a father to subject his creation (children) to wickedness (as opposed to perfection) when he had a choice in the matter, just to prove a point?

6. If Jehovah was so sure of the outcome why would he even entertain Satans' challenge?

7. Do you think Jehovah doubted his own creation in this case?

8. You have said that God will soon destroy all wicked people...define wicked?

9. Why must all non JWs be destroyed? Surely JWs are not the only good god fearing people on earth? (and to be honest most of those JWs arent either)

You see if we believe all we are led to believe in relation to why God permits wickedness this does open up a whole spectrum of questions and not one of them has been answered by a Jehovahs Witness to any suitable degree.

Hope you can help

DB74

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well thought out DB. The only problem is that you are telling PMJ that you have ONE question for him/her when in fact you have several. Don't you think this will be confusing for him/her?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I've got just 1 question for ya PMJ. When are you gonna answer Skyman's blood letter?

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    The only problem is that you are telling PMJ that you have ONE question for him/her when in fact you have several. Don't you think this will be confusing for him/her?

Yes it started out as one question then all these other ones somehow presented themselves arising out of the original. I have edited the thread to avoid confusion...thanks for the input. DB74

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Good job DB , although I think that PMJ would have been the only one confused.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm gonna take a guess and suggest that he's too chickensh*t to answer them all (including the one about Skyman's letter).

He's fast swaying me to believing that he's a troll. He'll probably use that last sentense as an excuse not to address the questions...

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I agree LT, you are probably right there.

But I have one question which will probably make PMJ run for the hills and its this.

If Jehovah has needlessly made his son suffer as he did, and in turn we have suffered needlessly through these centuries...how does this reconcile itself with the Jehovahs Witness view that Jehovah is a 'God of love'?

DB74

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

I'm not PMJ but here is what I remember.

The main answer to the questions in relation to wickedness being permitted is that Jehovah is proving Satan to be a liar (in other words to prove a point). Do you accept that this is the case?

No. From what I can pull together it is not to prove Satan a liar. It is because Satan challenged Jehovah's right to rule.

If so why should Jehovah (the god of all armies) have to prove any point to someone (Satan) whose opinion shouldnt matter?

The explanation is to demonstrate once and for all Jehovah's right to rule. Man has been given time to demonstrate the ability to rule. How good of a job has he done?

Why should Jehovah have to sacrifice his son because of the actions of a so called rebellious spirit?

I believe that that sacrifice is to redeem MANKIND not Satan

Wouldnt the most loving thing to do (if this explanation has any truth in it) be to destroy Satan earlier and therefore dispense with the need for a ransom sacrifice?

As above, that sacrifice was needed to redeem mankind. It has nothing to do with Satan

When would it be loving for a father to subject his creation (children) to wickedness (as opposed to perfection) when he had a choice in the matter, just to prove a point?

Don't see your point here. Are you suggesting that God just automatically makes us perfect? For the record, Adam brought the conditions upon his offspring not God. Adam lost a perfect life. What else would equal what Adam lost?

If Jehovah was so sure of the outcome why would he even entertain Satans' challenge?

If someone makes an issue over something you have said or done, in front of others, how do you answer it? Yes God could have just wiped Satan out but would it ANSWER Satan's challenge?

Do you think Jehovah doubted his own creation in this case?

No.

You have said that God will soon destroy all wicked people...define wicked?

Wicked defined as per Bible.

Why must all non JWs be destroyed? Surely JWs are not the only good god fearing people on earth? (and to be honest most of those JWs arent either)

Who will be destroyed and who will not isn't ours to call. I'm glad it's not up to me.

You see if we believe all we are led to believe in relation to why God permits wickedness this does open up a whole spectrum of questions and not one of them has been answered by a Jehovahs Witness to any suitable degree.

I would have to disagree. The answers I was given many years ago made perfect sense then.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    No. From what I can pull together it is not to prove Satan a liar. It is because Satan challenged Jehovah's right to rule.

But my question was why did he even need to answer the challenge? Never before has Jehovah demonstrated himself to be a democratic God.

The explanation is to demonstrate once and for all Jehovah's right to rule. Man has been given time to demonstrate the ability to rule. How good of a job has he done?

But Jehovahs right to rule was obvious surely, I would agree that man has cocked it up royally but surely this is akin to letting your child put their hand in the fire to realise that its wrong.

I believe that that sacrifice is to redeem MANKIND not Satan

I agree that this is what was intended but surely if you simply irradicate the problem once and for all there would be no need for the suffering we have endured.

Don't see your point here. Are you suggesting that God just automatically makes us perfect? For the record, Adam brought the conditions upon his offspring not God. Adam lost a perfect life. What else would equal what Adam lost?

The point I was trying to make is that God had the capacity to create us as perfect so why didnt he? Granted Adam botched it up but without satan around it wouldve worked...or would it? Simply start again, nobody wouldve been the wiser. Much less suffering surely.

Also too you mention that Adam brought about those conditions, whilst in part that might be true but the ultimate conditions i.e the fact that Satan existed at this point is down to a much higher source who ultimately must be to blame.

I will come back to the rest of your post shortly....thanks for your input, its interesting to see your views on the subject.

DB74

• moshe
    moshe

The answers I was given many years ago made perfect sense then.

Since it is impossible to know the mind of G-d, the JW explanation using human logic would be certain to be wrong on all counts. How about the WT's perfectly logical explanation of the "King of the North"? Does it still make perfect sense like it did in the bookstudy back in the 50's-60's? How about their perfectly logical explantion on why Christians couldn't have an organ transplant? Discarded over 20 years ago, but not before many innocent JW's died who could have have lived with ,say a kidney transplant. The only thing that makes sense to me is that Jehovah's Witnesses are singularly blessed with selective amnesia and a severe case of tunnel vision- that is why they are still going to the KH.

peace,

Moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit