Are Winter Olympics Boring?

by Oroborus21 21 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I agree, Eduardo.

I like playing winter sports. I guess if I lived in a snowbound place...but I enjoy watching and playing summer/all-season sports, whereas except for hockey I really can't get into watching "winter" sports (not sure if indoor ice even counts as a "winter" sport).

Still, I don't mind as long as it keeps the snowbound from going nuts ala The Shining.

AuldSoul

• lilybird
    lilybird

I love to watch the ice skating competitions. I heard tonite that Michele Kwan might not compete due to a groin injury, Hopefully she can , I believe this will be her last chance to compete in the olympics.It was sad for her in the last olympics when she fell in the competition and lost her chance at the gold.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Winter What?

I haven't seen them since '98.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I love watching the winter games!

Sherry:

Anyone seen Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx?
    I liked that movie, saw it twice.
  • sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I try not to watch for too long because I become envious of all those people who get to ski the world for free! But then the commentator announces how many knee reconstructions each athlete has had, and I remember why I don't do moguls (well, besides that I can't).

I find them utterly inspiring, Sapporo now!

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

All olympics are boring. If I want to watch track and field, I'll watch the local high school. Oh wait - I don't want to watch track and field.

Anyone seen Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx?

Good movie until you get to the cliched and dumb ending.

"The Great Raid"...now THAT'S a great movie.

• luna2
    luna2

When I lived on an Army base in Alaska we had the best coverage of a summer Olympics ever. It was on 24/7 and they covered everything....and there were minimal stupid interviews and "heart warming" background segments...just the events. I also don't remember a lot of commercials. Don't know if the base got a special tv package or if that's just how it was televised that year, but I enjoyed it to death. I've never seen coverage like it since. I get bored with all the interruptions and commercials with standard network coverage.

Its also hard for me to watch the subjective sports like that goofy dancing skiing and figure skating. In figure skating especially there seems to be other things that influence the scores (skating world politics, nationalism, etc). I can't be bothered to invest the time to watch something that isn't scored according to what's happening in the competition.

• Jourles
    Jourles

The real winter olympics already happened a couple of weeks ago -- it was called the Winter X-Games.

Now as for curling, that is the only thing I will be watching in these olympics. I have always been a fan of curling(even have the game on my cell), and it's just starting to get widespread tv coverage. Sure, it's not a very physically demanding sport, but it is like a chess match on ice.

• juni
    juni

I watch some of the Olympics. I thought the opening ceremonies was good. They had a Ferrari come out and do spins, etc. Other stuff was great!

Sherry, Yes I saw Collateral. The story line stunk, but I have a hard time w/Cruise anyway. I don't like how his relationship is going w/Holmes - he's very controling and it reminds me of bad times w/religion. Juni

• LDH
    LDH

waaaaaaahhhhh Michelle Kwan pulled out.

Nobody commented on my Olympic thread yesterday! <-- shameless plug.

I love the Olympics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit