Are Winter Olympics Boring?

by Oroborus21 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Is it just me or are the Winter Olympics Boring?

I dunno, maybe ice hockey sometimes is interesting and a few of the short speed skating events...but ice skating, all the skiing events, even snowboarding....it all seems pretty boring to me. And I like to ski but watching it on TV - boring.

The Summer Games are so much more interesting.

-Eduardo

• prophecor
    prophecor

Hi Ed. I don't purposely go out of my way to watch the Winter Olympics, I just happened to catch by chance, the downhill speed skating time trials last night. I was floored. I can't imagine going at those speeds with out a vehicle to surround you. I was on pins and needles watching some of those guys.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

regular or winter olympics are both boring IMHO

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I'm actually enjoying them From what I saw today Canada got it's first ever Gold medal in Women's Moguls

FREESTYLE SKIING

Women's Moguls: Jennifer Heil of Spruce Grove, Alta., captured Canada's first podium finish of the games by winning the gold medal. She ranked first after the preliminary round with a score of 26.67 points and posted a mark of 26.50 in the final.

Watching her come down that hill was awesome.

The Canadian Women's hockey team crushed Italy in that game.

Canadian women crush Italy 16-0 in hockey

Canada opened the Olympic women's hockey tournament with a 16-0 pounding of host Italy on Saturday.

Prior to Saturday's game, no Canadian player had scored more than one goal in a period at the Olympics, but Ouellette erased that with two goals in the first two minutes of the game.

Canada outshot the hosts 47-5 in the first 40 minutes and 66-5 overall.

I saw the beginning of the game and was stunned when they got 2 goals in the first 2 minutes.

Not boring for Canadians

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Seriously, I didn't even know we were in an Olympic year until I saw the "Nordic Combine" on TV today. I'm somewhat of a sports fan, but the Olympics don't draw me in at all, summer or winter.

• Cellist
    Cellist

I personally find everything about the Olympics boring. Summer or winter.

Cellist

• Purza
    Purza

I don't find them terribly exciting, especially since I know who very few of the athletes are. But now that football season is over (except for the pro-bowl tomorrow), I don't mind having it on in the background. I am interested in the snowboarding events though. I snowboard and I could never dream about being as good as the few clips that I have seen in this Olympics.

Purza

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

No, but this dam movie I got from Netflix is boring. Uggghhh... Anyone seen Collateral with Tom Cruise and Jamie Foxx?

Sherry

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

What?? No curling fans???

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I've always liked the winter Olympics and found the summer games terribly boring. You couldn't pay me to watch the summer games.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit