Get your Mohammed tshirt!

by jstalin 14 Replies latest social current

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

Not only did I order one, but I WILL wear it to work as soon as I get it....and yes,...I work with many Muslims. I get dirty looks when I wear my IDF shirts.....this one should really ruffle some feathers.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

I think that there is a much larger issue here than just " freedom of speech" as I suggested in my post.

And I believe it has to do with certain religious organizations believing they have the right to incite mob

action in the name of their particular religious belief or perceived God. The action that has been taken by

extremist ( everyday? ) followers of Mohammed around the world seems to suggest that it's okay to

burn, maim, kill because their feelings were hurt.

What is happening here is, in fact, "crowd rule" and it's a form of hysteria; emotionalism run amoke ... I

surely hope that people understand this.

I've never worn a KKK shirt or emblem; white power burning cross; black panther insignia; don't through

gang signs;not a member of any Asian gang; not fighting for the left or the right in Coumbia, South

America;not an American Indian with an attitude; not a member of the IRA . . .whew, that's enough. The

point is that dissent has been around for a long, long time; and angering another over their God has been

around even longer. Radical follower's of Mohammed have to understand this and join the " level-headed"

world . . . and realize that most of them are no more than puppets and victims of irrationalism.

I PRAY it's not too late.

• jws
    jws
    Radical follower's of Mohammed have to understand this and join the " level-headed" world . . . and realize that most of them are no more than puppets and victims of irrationalism.

But don't you realize that wearing an offensive T-shirt not only offends radical followers of Islam, but the rational ones as well?

And what "level-headed" world do you want them to join? The world where radical Christians bomb abortion clinics? While your Mohammed T-shirt is in the wash, why not wear a pro-choice T-shirt to help the radical Christians understand and join the "level-headed" world. Make them realize that most of them are no more than puppets and victims of irrationalism.

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Why should the wearing of a T-shirt by someone depicting something that I find extremely offensive cause me to incite riot? Yeah, I may be angry because of it but that does not give me the right to gather forces and manifest my hatred through violence.

But, we who are voicing our opinions on this site are above that behaviour, are we not?

Like I said, the gathering of emotionally charged people acting out their feelings through burning and killing based on a perceived insult is nothing less than hysteria and mob action.

Who do you think is in charge here, ( at the riots ) the individuals or . . . . . . .?

Maybe this is THE West meets East.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I wonder if Al Qaeda will launch an attack on this company's headquarters... and kill it's founders?

I hope they're using alias' and a corporate shell... or their ass is grass.

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit