Are Women better dancers than Men?

by moshe 25 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

According to Cosmo, if a man is a good dancer, he's also G.I.B - good in bed.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

I don't think you could generalize as there are certainly bad women dancers.

But I think that women can get away with "dancing" and movement and make it look good just due to their beauty, curves, and because Men looking at them are visuall stimulated (so it tends to look good anyway to see a woman moving). If men tried dancing the same way or with the same movements, it would look bad or possibly make them look effeminate.

So it really may not be about "talent" or rhythm and just more a matter of the differences of the sexes.

But there are obvious cultural differences. In a lot of tribal cultures, the men do the main dancing and women serve a supporting role of chanting or making music. But then many groups do have women's dances.

In ballet (which I can't stand) the differences between the sexes is really highlighted where the beauty and grace of women dancers is cherished and the strength and power of the men is valued. By the way, most people can easily name one or two male ballet dancers but have trouble naming any female ballet dancers.

-Eduardo

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Black white yellow male female, there are amazing dancers and shocking dancers in each group.
    Passion and practice go a long way, that is why there tend to be more good female then males dancers, because females generally enjoy it more.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

My boyfriend is a great dancer... much better than myself. We enjoy latin dancing... but he's a natural at it and I am not. Maybe something to do with the fact that he is latin and I'm just your regular aussie chicky!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Dancing is a passion for me.

I dance for myself, no one else.

I love going to clubs and being the first on the dancefloor (if the dj is good). All the guys at the bar have a giggle at the ol' guy but I get the last laugh. Within 5 minutes, I am surrounded by women, 'cause they admire a man who doesn't give a rats arse what others think.

Never fails to happen

• Genesis
    Genesis

Doofdaddy, please teach me lol !

By the way I began Salsa dancing class tonight, Im very far from good so its a good thing I took those class. But I must confess that my goal is to get good for women :-P.

Joff

• moshe
    moshe

Genesis- Latin dances are great- now when the slow dance plays ,that's when you want a pretty girl to dance with,right? I am going to tell you the secret to slow dancing- don't shuffle side to side in a circle. You must invite the woman to enter your space. Step forward with your left foot- step back with your left foot, leading her to step forward with her right foot- , left foot forward, left back-get a rhythm going- then make sure she is stepping between your feet into your space with her right foot.. If you brake your momentum at the right moment her forward movement will stop against your upper thigh- between her legs. You will find out very soon just how much she likes you and enjoys dancing with you. I used to go to singles dances and would have a whole table of women ask me to dance-one after the other. It is awkward at first for a woman to step into your space and some just refuse to do it. Maybe on the next dance.

Moshe

• andys
    andys

It depends on the reason, I am not afraid of what other people think when I am dancing because I have a passion for dancing thats in my heart and soul, everyone tells me I am an awesome on the dance floor, mostly I like to dance solo but do get alot of attention from the ladies on the dance floor, I sometimes go to a gay/straight dance night club where I live, have had so many awesome times there, during halloween I was Darth Vader dancing to hip hop I got the idea from on youtube watching Darth Vader dancing to hip hop at Disney world, also I have the Just Dance 4 game for my playstation 3 and also Michael Jackson Experience, overall dancing is something very positive in my free time that has helped me cope with all that happened after leaving the Watchtower, its so poisitve that after a nigth of going out and being on the dance floor I come home smiling and way more happy, sometime I'll put up a youtube video of me dancing to Just Dance 4.

• prologos
    prologos

In the old style couple/ballroom dancing, the man had to lead, the lady to follow. she HAD to be the better dancer to sense where he put his foot, what step he was using. It was always a pleasure to have a partner that just was your effortless mirror image, when your right foot/leg went forward her left food leg went backward, with just the right DELAY to feel contact and HEY!!!

I agree with the song, sang by a lady:

Anything you can do, I can do better, anything you can do. I do better than you.

Now I dance that catchy tune with my year-old daughter, when her legs grow like mine she will sing the above

truthfully.

that is the TATT

• jam
    jam

Tall people (men and women) seems to be better dancers.

It,s something to see a tall person glide gracefully across

the dance floor.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit