Get a four door car...or else!

by Dune 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

All of my cars have been two doors. The first two were only two seaters as well (no back seat). Currently I'm driving a 94 Mustang GT with a few minor mods, so I can appreciate one of your shopping options.

However, my wife drives a mini-van. I had to do it. As much as it pained me I just had to. When you have a young child in a booster seat and two babies in car seats you have to have a roomy vehicle that is easy to climb in and out of. Hey, at least if I ever decide to go to a KH, I'll fit right in. Yeah right!

• anewme
    anewme

Two doors have a much better resale value. Maybe you can appeal to their dollar sense with that!

• greendawn
    greendawn

When you say two door do you mean two seater? In the UK there are cars with five seats (two front and three back) that come with two doors. They are awkward and I never liked them but they exist.

• Scully
    Scully

I know some JWs that now believe that having a mini-van is even better than a 4-door car, in terms of having larger groups for Field Service™.

What they seem to forget is that most JWs are too cheap to help with the extra gas money that is required to haul an extra 4 or 5 a$$es out in Field Service™ and are only too happy to freeload on the backs of the people who own a mini-van. They keep their nice new cars clean, keep the mileage reasonable, save on fuel and insurance [how much extra mileage piles on in a years' worth of Field Service™?] and wear and tear on the vehicle, and take advantage of the generosity of a few kind souls who think they are doing God's Work™.

• Smiles_Smiles
    Smiles_Smiles

HAHAHAA!!

I am with you here Dune!! I am looking at buying a Crossfire this year. It occurred to me that the 2 door thang is an act of taking my power back!!

SMILES!!!

• lucifer
    lucifer

I remember some of the women gossiping about how so and so got a two door car *gasp* and how it wasn't pratical for service, they also complained about jeeps because you had to "climb" to get in them.

I hated how the women always had to sit in the back, god forbid a man and woman sit upfront, I think it would be funny if a woman would run out to the car for service with a man and yell "SHOTGUN" and then when they try to make them sit in the back they should say " but I called shotgun?"

• Mary
    Mary
    Scully said: What they seem to forget is that most JWs are too cheap to help with the extra gas money that is required to haul an extra 4 or 5 a$$es out in Field Service™ and are only too happy to freeload on the backs of the people who own a mini-van

Ah yes but Scully, there's another perk----far greater------to going out in Service in a mini-van.......If you sit at the very back, your chances of having to get out and take a door are cut in half! Especially if you're working country territory! Yes, with the conversation flowing as you drive sloooowly down the country roads, everyone loses track of who took the last door! I remember one pioneer got 2 hours in one morning while we were in a mini-van, and the lazy beotch only took one door! And that's only after I said "It's your turn" (giggle).

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Yet another example of unwritten JW rules. Buy a JEEP dude! They're great for working rural territories!

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

James - currently

1995 Corvette ZR1 #401 out of 448 built that last year - black on black and under a car cover in my garage.

2004 Corvette Z06 - black on black; backup ride.

1996 Porsche Carrera Targa - black on black; daily driver.

1999 Mazda Miata; old lady's wheels.

Like me but I have more Corvettes and Italian motorcycles

• LDH
    LDH

If you buy a two door car, clearly your Scriptural Priorities TM are not in the right place.

People who drive two door cars are clearly of the Spiritually Weak persuasion.

That is the way it was for my entire JW life.

I do remember Tony Steiner (Eastwood Cong) had a yellow two door vette, and while the ladies creamed over it, the men developed a significant case of penis envy, LOL. I always like Tony, good guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit