Have you ever done anything.....

by misanthropic 42 Replies latest members private

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

That still bothers you? Either something you did intentionally or without thinking that may have caused a problem for someone or gotten someone hurt? Just curious if anyone has any stories to share.

Example: A few years ago I was dating a witness guy who was still living at home with his parents. A friend of mine was over and she had one of those rainbow bumper stickers and was wanting to put it on a neighbors door or something. But my boyfriend came over and I thought it would be fun to put it on his truck and see if he noticed driving around town. Well he didn't notice and by the time he went home I had forgotten we had even put it on his truck. Hid dad (a witness) woke him up early the next morning with a crazy beating because he thought he was gay. I always felt bad about that and wished I could have taken it back.

Does anyone else have anything you have done that seems to always weigh on your mind?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Ah regrets...

I grew up in an abusive home. As a result my siblings and I abused each other. My brother and I would gang up on my sister and taunt her, call her fatty, etc. We were mean to each other, and my parents tolerated it. My sister keeps her distance from us to this day, and there's nothing I can do or say to mend that relationship.

When I was around 11, there was a weird guy who had a crush on me. He stalked me at the KH and eventually at school and my friends made fun of me. I was pretty mean to him, in front of my friends. Finally when I was 12, he crossed the line, did something really weird to me and my friends at school, which caused the school principal to get involved. I told him I hated him and he could drop dead and I wouldn't be interested in him if he were the last guy on earth. It really hurt him. When our paths crossed several years later, I apologized for that.

• Buster
    Buster

Yup, and I've never told this story.

When I was a kid in school, there was another witness boy in my class. He was an absolute social dork (not that I was anybody's pirze). I don't remember that he ever did anything to me, but he irritated me no end. I rode him pretty hard, teased him. The few times he fought back, I whipped up on him. (Again I was no prize, not a fighter. But this kid was further down the pole than I.)

Way after I got out of high school, his sister got married. When she had twins, she decided she had to do something about her MS father. She reported that he had been molesting her through her teen years - after hours, after mummy went to bed. You see, she (the sister) and he (the brother that I picked on) shared a room growing up. They were separated by a sheet. Pathetic ain't it. What those kids went through makes me feel miserable.

Anyway, sure the kid was a dork, and it is not OK for kids to pick on each other. But I sure as hell wish I had never added on to what this classmate of mine was going through. He didn't need me on his ass.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Yes.

I shunned my mother when she was disphellowshipped. (there were some other contributing factors mind you and I needed some time out from her)

Heres a link to my very long post about it... - http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/100383/1729561/post.ashx#1729561

• prophecor
    prophecor

Does getting caught bringing that video of questionable content count?

An unsuspecting female householder in the territory witnessed my returning a video of content which was of conduct un-becoming of a Christian.

People always wanna' see what you're bringing back in case you have something that's not on the shelves or you may have something of inteest that they may wish to see. This was a day I should have just suffered the late charge and returned it at another time. She looked at the tape and then looked at me and suddenly, I was outed!!!

I tried to explain to her later on after seeing her in the supermarket that Jehovah's People are not like that and appologised for having assaulted Jehovah's Peoples reputation. Somehow, I dont think it went over well. Some folks are just waiting for you to stick your foot out so you can stumble them.

I still have feelings about that to this day.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I accidentally shot my brother w an arrow, once. It was a brand new bow and arrow set. Me, about 8 yrs old. My bro, about 5. He went to adjust the target. I couldn't wait and let loose at the target. It hit my bro instead .... in the chest. He wasn't hurt that bad. But, i felt really bad, then doubly ashamed when my dad gave me crap about it. That set back my archery practice about a decade.

S

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

i destroyed two families all by myself....

• prophecor
    prophecor
    i destroyed two families all by myself....

All by your little lonesome? You don't look like you a could hurt a spanish fly.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    All by your little lonesome? You don't look like you a could hurt a spanish fly.

**sigh**..... I had sex with a married man from another congregation...the affair lasted almost a year. of course his wife found out and immediately he tucked tail and ran back to her. she wanted a divorce, but she eventually forgave him...he made me meet him at a club and danced with me all night and fed me jello shots under the table. then he called me later that night to tell me he was going back to her and that he couldn't see me again..... i called his wife the next day from a pay phone and told her that i was a ''random witness'' who just happened to see T with jojo at Senses the other night... she ended up divorcing him.... i could have just left them alone and let her forgive him.....but i didn't think it was right that he get his life back that easily. i hate that i hurt her because she was/is a nice person...but i know she has surely found someone better by now..... i'm not sorry at all for what i did to him...he ruined only a year or so of my life and caused me to lose my family....in return i ruined his entire life and caused him to lose his family too... he always told me that i was nothing without him and that i would always need him... but i won in the end... i found out what true love is and i am happy and with my true love... he's still alone......

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((JoJo))))

That man manipulated you. I mean yeah it takes two but at the same time with comments like this

he always told me that i was nothing without him and that i would always need him...
    it just shows that he was playing mind games....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit