Two Number 4s, and a large Cup of...

by RichieRich 42 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

Richie, You showed what a true friend really is.

You got a heart as big as that tree you cut down.

Hubert

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

As a guy who had a huge oak branch fall on my house some years ago (while I had a broken ankle) I sure could have used someone like you in my congregation.

Good on ya, Richie!

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    There stood 3 men. 2 dirty, 1 stressed, and 1, astonishingly handsome (me). Not "brothers" in Jehovah's sense, but brothers in a the true sense. Working for others feels amazing, and chainsaws are an incredible stress reliever.

Chainsaws and comic relief, LOL.

You have a heart of gold Richie and are a good man for sure.

• Quotes
    Quotes

RR, you are a gentleman. GOOD WORK!

And I'm glad you worked falling trees into your number 4 talk. Very appropriate.

That elder is a bonehead. Perhaps your friend will grow from "pissed with the elder" to "pissed at the whol bOrganization".

~Q

• calico
    calico

You are a sweetie-pie! That is brotherly love!

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

You're too good for that Cult Richie (but you know that).

I find it incredible that no one in the Congregation has offered to house this family. Does everyone think they are paying massive hotel bills? Do the 'Elders' know the Red Cross are assisting? They ought to be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Isn't it great it's the spiritually weak JWs that really care and the spiritually strong are indifferent. BTW did the JWs offer these unfortunate people any help at all?

You have hit the nail on the head there, from my childhood I had 3 great friends (and still do) and we were the so called spiritually weak ones; we looked out for each other; we genuinely cared about each others welfares as friends do even through the most challenging of times. Yet the so called spiritual ones are as you say indifferent; completely shallow and are all too ready to condemn and judge; those 3 friends are still my closest friends today and gladly we have all seen the light and got out while our sanity was in tact. DB74

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I find it incredible that no one in the Congregation has offered to house this family. Does everyone think they are paying massive hotel bills? Do the 'Elders' know the Red Cross are assisting? They ought to be ashamed of themselves and embarrassed.

They probably werent selling enough magazines and books or they didnt have the right heart condition; these things have to be taken into consideration when being a good samaritan!

DB74

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

my b-i-l and his friend are always asked to help out when anyone needs it in the cong..they will do anything for anyone...removals repairs rubbish collection gardening computer problems..because one of them has his own company with a works van the van is expected to be available for anyone who needs it and because the other is a computer expert then he is constantly called on..

one of them was doing the gardening for an older sister in the hall and a couple of weeks ago he had come back from holiday and she came up to him at the hall..didnt say anything no hello good to see you how was your holiday..she just made a miming motion of somebody mowing the lawn!!! he has just found out that one of her own family who lives nearby has his own landscaping company!!!....

both of them have been told that they will not be considered for ms anytime soon....because they put their work first...not only is this untrue, they are still probably doing more in fs than most of the elders..one of whom is unemployed and 2 of which are actively retired

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Kudos, Richie. That's seriously awesome.

SNG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit