UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• tula
    tula

still getting views!

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I think this and the other similar threads will get views for a long long time.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/united-nations-disassociates.html

hawk

• JK666
    JK666

I found this thread 3 years ago and it completely changed my life!!!!!!!

Until this, I thought that I was just not up to the moral standards of the Organization. Then I found out that they had no moral standards at all!

May this thread continually be bought up to newcomers to this forum. Thank God for JWD, and Simon for this forum.

JK

• watson
    watson

For my files.

Thank you.

• badboy
    badboy

55,000 REAERS CAN'T BE ALL WRONG!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

This was a gold mine of information. But when it's all said and done, the WT is the same as the whore of Babylon. It's funny that the ones who do the most screaming and name-calling end up being the most guilty and the biggest hypocrites.

The WT is nothing but a corporation of sluts pretending to be a religion. I hope I live to see the day when the GB die, get killed, or get thrown in jail for fraud. They also all deserve to be killed for their pedophile policies. If God won't do it, perhaps someone else will. It doesn't matter to me, as long as they die.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

I'm very pleased for you JK 666 !

J.C. MacHislopp

• tula
    tula

THE WATCHTOWER FINALLY ANSWERS BACK!!!

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/watchtower-un-ngo/

September 2007 update! New material added to multiple pages!

Some claim Jehovah's Witnesses had “secret deals” with the United Nations, agreed to support it and it's goals, and then lied to cover it up. Is this conspiracy theory true? We show direct evidence from the UN itself showing these accusations to be just plain wrong. We also can demonstrate how accusers use deliberately misleading “evidence” and make many mistakes. Furthermore, one of the most prominent promoters of this conspiracy theory on the Internet knows full well that the claims are erroneous but has tried to silence his critics and cover-up the evidence.

Chapters

Introduction: In the Beginning
    In October 2001 The Guardian newspaper in the United Kingdom accused Jehovah's Witnesses of hypocrisy for being registered with the United Nations' (UN) Department of Public Information (DPI) as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO). Read this chapter...

Know your NGOs! NEW MATERIAL
    When you hear that the Watchtower Society was a United Nations NGO, you may not be aware that there is actually more than one kind of NGO. This fact is important, and is often deliberately obscured by those who try to condemn and criticize the Society. Read this chapter...

Did we agree to praise the UN? NEW CHAPTER
    Conspiracy theorists say we agreed to meet special UN criteria, including a requirement to “print articles praising the UN” to keep our “NGO status”. Is this true? No. Read this chapter...

Please Sign Nowhere
    In the forms the Society completed there is no place to put a signature. This corroborates the Society's letter to The Guardian newspaper, where Bethel explained, “At the time of the initial application no signature was required on the form.” Read this chapter...

The changing world of NGOs
    The United Nations Department of Public Information (DPI) produces a brochure for it's NGOs. This brochure stipulates the requirements of being an NGO. Apostates quote from the current version, but we know it changed. Read this chapter...

Following it to the Letter NEW MATERIAL
    When The Guardian first published it's article, the London Bethel wrote to the Editor correcting the article and clarifying the situation. However, critics claim Bethel's letters of explanation are a “cover-up”. Is this accusation valid? Read this chapter...

Hail to the Chief
    The United Nations DPI was inundated with requests for information on the Watchtower NGO matter. Hence, Paul Hoeffel, the chief of the DPI's NGO section wrote an open letter. What does it tell us, and is it accurate? Read this chapter...

Principle Support NEW MATERIAL
    The modern requirements for DPI NGOS state that “The NGO must support and respect the principles of the Charter of the UN”, however the version the Society saw years earlier did not say this. What did it say? Read this chapter...

Awake to Propaganda?
    As part of the alleged “secret deals”, the conspiracy theorists say the Watchtower Society wrote “propaganda” for the UN. Is this a reasonable assessment of the evidence, or is it shallow circumstantial evidence for a crazy conspiracy theory? Read this chapter...

Self-condemnation?
    Accusers say the Society has “condemned itself” in the NGO matter by it's stance on YMCA membership and from when it condemned the Catholic Church for having NGOs with the UN. Are these fair points, or are the critics being misleading? Read this chapter...

Consider the Source
    One man has spent thousands of dollars sending letters to the elders of every congregation in the USA, some in the UK, and all the branch offices to tell them about the NGO “apostasy”. He also wrote a book. Who is he, and should you listen to him? Read this chapter...

Conclusion: A Not-Guilty Verdict
    We have shown you how the Watchtower Society's DPI NGO status has been blown out of proportion by opposers — and how those same opposers tried to silence us. We have seen how the Society's version of events has been vindicated by the evidence. Read this chapter...

• Gopher
    Gopher

Tula,

How appropriate that this historic thread, started by JC MacHislopp, re-appears on United Nations Day!

Thanks for putting together your post about the Watchtower apologist's explanation for everything.

In the part about supporting the principles of the UN, we read these apologetics:

If the Society agreed to support the UN and the principles of it's charter — which they did not — it would not violate bible principles.

Whether or not the Society AGREED to support the UN and promote it, they DID repeatedly promote the U.N. and its accomplishments throughout the 1990's, primarily in their Awake! magazine.

As a loyal JW at the time, I was curious as to why there were whole articles talking positively about the U.N. Their stance in other literature remained the same -- that the UN was the "Image of the Wild Beast" and the "disgusting thing causing abomination" that would turn its "horns" on religion and eventually on Jehovah's WItnesses.

I call B.S. !! That's "B" as in "B", and "S" as in "S".

• snowbird
    snowbird

I remember reading the AWAKE! during those times and being glad that they were lightening up a little.

I had no idea they were kissing up to the UN. What a legacy they are leaving behind.

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit