UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

these few lines are to ...suggest

to those who wrote to the WTBS, and e-mailed me ,

concerning the "United Nations, NGO's and the WTBS ",

to post- if they wish - a copy of their letter - on this thread.

It'll be a nice and interesting mail for all of us!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• Sirona
    Sirona

Jourles,

Your mum said EXACTLY the same thing as mine. Im sure they've been told this story by elders or whatever...

Sirona

• Haereticus
    Haereticus

hawkaw wrote:

Also if those people rotting in jail over refusing MANDITORY (not voluntary) MILITARY DUTY change their minds and do the duty what would happen?

You have point there, but my personal experience goes further than actual military service. Even the option of working in a hospital instead was not accepted behavior of JW. The outcome was more than two years hard labour in circumstances that our press described as a concentration camp. And lets bear in mind that we were told not to even enter certain premises and awoid unnecessary lingering in areas with christmas trees etc. Me looking back it is impossible to imagine any justification whatsoever to those NGO/DPI apologies - hypocrisy is the word for me.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

here is the copy of my letter sent to:

Steve Bates of the "Guardian" , London UK

°°°°
    Dear Mr. Bates, please receive a copy
    of the letter that I've sent to:

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483 - United States

10/17/2001

Dear Brothers,

I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses , that in union with millions
    of others , worldwide, is trying to follow closely Jesus'
    footsteps. I would like to related a recent event which, at the
    beginning … puzzled me greatly.

As a matter of fact, I did found some information that
    now deeply disturb me, as a person but also in a much
    deeper spiritual sense.
    At the beginning it left me numb…, but after, I took the decision to write you this letter, although I do know that it is not easy at all.

As I 'm writing my hands are trembling , I'm really deeply, deeply
    touched , I think that I rarely experienced this emotion, triggered
    by these informations.

Here , as short as possible they are:

On the website of The United Nations (www.un.org) the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, was listed as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) affiliated with the Department of Public Information (DPI).

At first glance it seemed, I thought, as though this association of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York with the United Nations , could be reasonable and logical.

However, I did search for some of the criteria, to be met by an organization in order to achieve NGO status, and I did found that some of these are the following:

(°)"… encourage political participation at the community level "

(°)"The Department of Public Information and NGOs cooperate regularly. NGOs associated with DPI disseminate information about the UN to their membership, thereby building knowledge of and support for the Organization at the grassroots level."

Sincerely I must say that these are the statements that are so troubling to me.

Then I called the United Nations to verify that all the informations were correct, including the fact that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, was indeed an NGO.

Therefore I would greatly appreciate your clarification on these basic and specific points:

a) What was the purpose of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society's
    association with the United Nations as an NGO?

b) Why were , the thousands and thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses congregations, all over the world, never informed of this relationship or association status with the United Nations?

c) In October 2001, why was that you, as Watchtower Bible & Tract
    Society of New York, seek termination of this almost 10 years old relationship with the United Nations?

(as can be seen from a fax dated 10/11/01 from Paul Hoeffel, Chief – NGO/DPI Section, United Nations - New York -)

d) Why did the DPI make a decision, to disassociate the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001?

e) Will the thousands and thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses congregations, all over the world, be informed of the termination or
    disassociation of this relationship or association status with the United
    Nations?

I thank you in advance for helping me to reconcile this apparent contradiction of beliefs, taught and published by you and generally held by all the Jehovah's Witnesses vs. your relationship or association status - as Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, with the
    United Nations.

After all, it is still clear in my mind, when I personally , to my family and in private , in the congregation and even publicly , I did refer to the "…United Nations as ' a scarlet-colored wild beast ' that is the image of Satan's bloodstained political system…"

I know your answers will be helpful in overturning the recent charges of hypocrisy that have arisen in the press recently over this matter , even
    more so, after an article published in the " The Guardian" 10/15/01 -London - UK, and while waiting , please accept my Christian greetings,

Sincerely, your brother and fellow servant in Christ Jesus,

James Charles MacHislopp

P.S. Mr. Bates, thanks for your excellent articles
    and for this letter feel free to use it, including
    my name and e-mail. My best greetings,

James Charles MacHislopp

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again,

here is the copy of my letter sent

to the WTBS and also to the United Nations DPI dep.t:

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York

25 Columbia Heights

Brooklyn, NY 11201-2483 - United States

10/17/2001

Dear Brothers,

I am one of Jehovah’s Witnesses , that in union with millions
    of others , worldwide, is trying to follow closely Jesus'
    footsteps. I would like to related a recent event which, at the
    beginning … puzzled me greatly.

As a matter of fact, I did found some information that
    now deeply disturb me, as a person but also in a much
    deeper spiritual sense.
    At the beginning it left me numb…, but after, I took the decision to write you this letter, although I do know that it is not easy at all.

As I 'm writing my hands are trembling , I'm really deeply, deeply
    touched , I think that I rarely experienced this emotion, triggered
    by these informations.

Here , as short as possible they are:

On the website of The United Nations (www.un.org) the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, was listed as a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) affiliated with the Department of Public Information (DPI).

At first glance it seemed, I thought, as though this association of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York with the United Nations , could be reasonable and logical.

However, I did search for some of the criteria, to be met by an organization in order to achieve NGO status, and I did found that some of these are the following:

(°)"… encourage political participation at the community level "

(°)"The Department of Public Information and NGOs cooperate regularly. NGOs associated with DPI disseminate information about the UN to their membership, thereby building knowledge of and support for the Organization at the grassroots level."

Sincerely I must say that these are the statements that are so troubling to me.

Then I called the United Nations to verify that all the informations were correct, including the fact that the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, was indeed an NGO.

Therefore I would greatly appreciate your clarification on these basic and specific points:

a) What was the purpose of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society's
    association with the United Nations as an NGO?

b) Why were , the thousands and thousands of Jehovah’s Witnesses congregations, all over the world, never informed of this relationship or association status with the United Nations?

c) In October 2001, why was that you, as Watchtower Bible & Tract
    Society of New York, seek termination of this almost 10 years old relationship with the United Nations?

(as can be seen from a fax dated 10/11/01 from Paul Hoeffel, Chief – NGO/DPI Section, United Nations - New York -)

d) Why did the DPI make a decision, to disassociate the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York as of 9 October 2001?

e) Will the thousands and thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses congregations, all over the world, be informed of the termination or
    disassociation of this relationship or association status with the United
    Nations?

I thank you in advance for helping me to reconcile this apparent contradiction of beliefs, taught and published by you and generally held by all the Jehovah's Witnesses vs. your relationship or association status - as Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York, with the
    United Nations.

After all, it is still clear in my mind, when I personally , to my family and in private , in the congregation and even publicly , I did refer to the "…United Nations as ' a scarlet-colored wild beast ' that is the image of Satan's bloodstained political system…"

I know your answers will be helpful in overturning the recent charges of hypocrisy that have arisen in the press recently over this matter , even
    more so, after an article published in the " The Guardian" 10/15/01 -London - UK, and while waiting , please accept my Christian greetings,

Sincerely, your brother and fellow servant in Christ Jesus,

James Charles MacHislopp

e-mail : [email protected]

Copy to : 1) [email protected]

P.S. Thanks again Badwillie!

• hsmew
    hsmew

Mac, Hawk, et al;

I would suggest that those who care to, before they write to the WTS, first email DPINGO asking for clarification on The Guardian articles, and then include a copy of DPINGO's response (Which comes within 24 hrs) with their letter to the WTS.

If you guys agree, then maybe you should publicize this idea...Of course not all should try this.

T (operating under alias since my limits up and so I'm done fo rth eday)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

"Here is some added info:
    < http://www.adam.com.au/bstett/JwPeaceAndSecurity30.htm

PEACE AND SECURITY "

WOW!!!
    This is a terrific link! I've never seen this before.

Thanks for posting it!

Shredded families and ruined lives;
    The WBTS has MUCH to answer for......

Hugs,

Sunspot

• Dino
    Dino

bttt, Dino

• zev
    zev

mac, hawkaw and all....

i am composing my letter to the wtbts.

i will not pbulish it here, as i do not want tp tip my hand.

along with "hard" copys of the evidence, i am also going to beat the wtbts to the punch by providing a copy the very day i mail it to my local p.o.

as i know it will get back to them anyways....at least the hard evidence will be "on record"

let what happen, happen.

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• Dino
    Dino

What's happnin' Zev! Might I take this time to say, Zev ROCKS! Dino

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit