Guilty conscience

by lazuli 31 Replies latest jw friends

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Oh sweetheart, you're so young and your life could be so good, and your family love you so much and are trying to open your eyes to what you're letting yourself into. Trust us when we say that the cult you're studying with destroys families and lives! Why do you think there are online support groups for it?

I want to quote you on a few things:

I wish that my bf and I beat the WT.

At one point you didn't want to be a witness, but you started studying to be with him? He left you because he wanted to 'pursue spiritual interests' but is dating somebody else now? Has it occurred to you that he was using a naive sixteen year old for his own physical needs and now he's just spit you out? ugh

I was having doubts about the truth, and then one pf the elders from the congregation died and his funeral was las night, after going there I realized that this was th truth and I shouldn't doubt it.

You're kidding!! Well dear, of course you're going to get choked up at a funeral, that's the point, and the specific point of a witness funeral is an infomercial... it's a great way to get non-believers to flip the insanity switch in their head.

I have been getting so much pressure from my parents because my mom is completely against thi, she's threatened to kick me out and well our relationship has completely detiriorated, but then again it wsn't that good to begin with. My dad is also very disappointed in me but he really doesn't know anything about the Jehovah's Witnesses so his view is very stereotypical. I'm not going to stop going to the kingdom because this has been the one thing that has brought me absolute inner peace and I've never a closer union than that of the JWs. I just feel so pressured now and it kills me to see that my familiy is so disappointed in me. I feel very lost beause everyone around me is putting so much pressure about this.

That's because they can see that the witnesses are on the verge of destroying your life and they're trying to save you from yourself!

Oh I give up.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Pleeeeease listen to me.

I was in a similar situation. I started studying because of a girl. I would have had no interest otherwise.

As I have seen, just because the bible `seems` to support the WTS as bastions of truth, it does`nt mean that they have the truth. At 17 I too saw things black and white but as I grew through the next decade of my life, I saw that some things are grey - THE WTS DOES`NT BELIEVE IN GREY AREAS!!

Although my life did`nt end up being all that bad in the truth, I have developed a degree of mental anxiety which their teachings/literature gave me. And believe me, leaving is a hard thing to do when you eventually realise its not for you!

Please believe & trust the more experienced ones here - think very carefuly about joining the WT.

If you do we are all still here for you at any time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit