Did You Help Anyone To Get Baptized?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I did. Many, actually. And I regret that they're (many) still active Witnesses.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Oh how is wished I had not. some of the ones I made -died believing that trash...

• damselfly
    damselfly

Thank goodness the answer is NO I did not.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

No thank God, though my youngest daughter has talked about it from time to time.

• Undecided
    Undecided

Sorry to say yes I did. The congregation in Eden NC has several that I helped to get brain washed. They are good people, I'm sorry that I was responsible for them wasting their lives believing Armageddon was comming real soon, but I guess life is just a waste of time, we just die and whatever we did doesn't matter anyway.

Ken P.

• minimus
    minimus

Ouch Ken. Your comments, I think are true but harsh.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Two people

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, but they are all out now. Towards the last 2 years, I steered people away from getting baptized, if they had doubts, I would say that they should hold off from baptism or it could be a disaster. I even stopped talking to people about JW doctrine, did not want anyone to become one and suffer like I was.

In the end, I realize that each person is responsible for themselves. If you brought them in, then why don't you have the power to get them out? That's because it was their decision to get in and it is their decision to stay in.

Blondie

• rekless
    rekless

that don't look like two people in the avatar.

• minimus
    minimus

Yes they do. They're twins.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit