Did You Help Anyone To Get Baptized?

by minimus 35 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Joel, it's very rare to see an elderly person get baptized and become a Witness.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

No. And I have thought many times that I am glad I do not have to bear any guilt for this.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Yes, five different people.

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

I'm sorry to say I did. I took it upon myself to tell them all I was sorry and I hadn't intentionally lied to them. As a former elder and PO, I had 49 years tied up in this mess and I did a lot of damage to the people who listened to my big line of BS. I just didn't know it was BS. I've helped over 20 out so far in the past five years. I'm trying to make up for some of the damage I caused. I've taken more out than I ever brought in.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

Yes a few. One was a friend that I also worked with - she shuns me now.

And unfortunately my own brother and his wife. They are still in the JWs, although I have given them all the evidence about the UN Scandal and other lies. It's so frustrating, it seems that it is almost impossible to get through to people, it seems that they have to discover these things for themselves.

Twinkletoes

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

A few. But the stupidest thing I ever did (in this regard) was risk getting fired by taking off work against orders to take some one to a C/A to get dunked.

B

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit