OK, I't My Turn As The Newbie

by BlackPearl 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Golf
    Golf

BP, greetings. Enjoy your stay. Hang around with these old timers here and you'll be on top of things.

Golf

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, Black Pearl. I sense you are a naturally compassionate man. I pray you find a positive outlet for that gift God has given you. I agree, you cannot find it in the current Watcthower Society.

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome, BlackPearl!

I hope you find peace here and are able to move on with your life.

It's true what you noticed about finding more love from an old lady in a grocery store. I'd always believed that the world was full of bad and hateful people - I found it was full of loving, kind people and its fair share of nutters!

JW land was full of nutters with a few kind, loving people.

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI BP, (another Johnny Depp fan here)

Welcome to the forum! The scriptures say that love is the identifying mark of Christians and that love is the perfect bond of union. I think JWs have taken the idea of unity too far, and have put too much emphasis on preaching and have forgotten the foundation, the basics of love.

I wish you well on your journey!

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl
    I think JWs have taken the idea of unity too far, and have put too much emphasis on preaching and have forgotten the foundation, the basics of love.

You've got it! That's my whole point, where are the basics of love, the very foundation of a Christian? If your brother or sister missing at the meeting, call them up to see if they're Ok, is what is preached from the platform. If your brother is hungry and is struggling financialy, help him out, is what is taught. But when it comes to the congregation actually doing it....hell would freeze over first. I justdon't get it, it's not that hard to show your fellow man a little neighborly love.

• LuckyNun
    LuckyNun

Welcome to the board! We're glad to have you!

As far as privileges for young brothers, it used to scare me to think that a baptized ten-year-old could lead a field service meeting of sisters (which happened quite a bit in Kenosha, WI and Belvidere, IL)...baptized kid trumps baptized grown woman. It's really weird, when you think about it.

• troucul
    troucul

, I just want to take away the positives and leave the negatives behind.

you're preaching to the choir, brother...

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, BlackPearl.

Cellist

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

Dear Black Pearl,

Welcome to the board. Your post was beautiful. And full of love.

The lack of love in the Org is amazing. Stacks and stacks of literature they print. Book after book. Magazine after magazine. And NOT ONE dedicated to the topic of LOVE. Not one! The Reasoning Book doesn't have a section about love. In the congregation they often don't even say they love each other or sign letters with the word, 'love'...instead many replace the word LOVE with the sanitised and stomach turning 'agape.' Why can't we just say LOVE?? Isn't it the correct word??

I think people in the Org are afraid to really love eachother, because they know that at any moment the person they love could be DF or could become apostate or could be marked or something and it would be too painful if they really loved them. Safer to keep people at a bit of distance.

(If you get a chance to watch a country music video T.V. channel, look for Brooks and Dunn's - "Believe" video, you'll know what I'm talking about)

I know what you are talking about because I have seen this video. I think you are lucky (can I say that? :)) to have that 'sweet old man' who really cares about you. When I left abruptly after 18 years of three meetings a week, not one single person called. Not one. Many here on the board have had the same experience. Hugs to you all. ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) We have learned that most times, you have to leave the Org to find real love. It is one of the gifts of freedom.

I look forward to your posts and am glad you are here!

Love,

-Lisa

PS: I love that song, btw. My favorite song right now. Absolutly beautiful.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Please stay and talk BP.

One genuine brother. I feel warmth for that man that bothered to visit you, and saddness that he will continue to try and live in that cruel perverse religion.

I feel gladdness that you had the sanity to move on and grow.

WELCOME to the rest of your life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit