HOW DO WE SOLVE THIS PARADOX?

by Terry 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

RELIGION TELLS US THAT man has a damaged consciousness polluted by sin.

RELIGION TELLS US THAT man cannot think or reason on his own power.

RELIGION TEACHES US THAT
    man is easily tricked, confused and misled.

So, how do we solve the following paradox????

ALL RELIGION RELIES ON MAN!

Books are written by man. (Yes! Even the Holy writings! )

Religions are led by man. (Apostles, Prophets, elders, annointed....)

Interpretations are given by man. (Governing Body "new light")

Rule making and enforcement is in the hands of man. (Judicial committees)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE?????????

How can man be condemned as weak, capricious and error-prone on the one hand and yet--

Be the sole transmitter of TRUTH and the arbiter of JUSTICE on the other?

IF MAN IS FLAWED, TRICKY AND POLLUTED........WHY TRUST HIM AT ALL WITH ANY MESSEGE PURPORTED TO BE PURE AND TRUE???

HOW DO WE EXPLAIN THIS PARADOX?

It would seem to follow logically that we are falling prey to a glitch in our thinking by setting any man up as
    the channel of divine truth!

ONE FURTHER PARADOX!

If women are considered the "weaker vessel" and man must be the head of the woman.....then...

how is it the vast majority of religion survives through the efforts of women? The majority of field service, child instruction and maintenance of men in Jehovah's "organization" is through the ministrations of females!

If all women went on strike in religion it would collapse overnight!!

Think about it.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Easy - dump it all Dump all beliefs and start from scratch, no beliefs at all.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

'Course, most believers can't, and so, their belief is a paradox.

S

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Religion is the opiate of the masses

• Shazard
    Shazard

So... as allways, problem of deduction is what premises you choose!
    If they will be wrong, conclusion will be wrong.
    Several your premises are wrong!
    BTW men never rights any book. Books are wrtitten by ink and/or keyboard! Even holy books!
    Interpretation premise of yours is wrong.
    I even without deep reading of your post found 2 WRONG premises. But deduction needs only ONE wrong premise and it guarantees that you will get wrong conclusion.

• THE FROG
    THE FROG

Man made beliefs and dogma are like water of a frog's back to me.

You need to loosen up Terry, before you become a victim of your intellect.

• Think
    Think

Take Rutherford for his words:

Religion is a snare and Racket !!!

Take his advice !

Don't follow Racket Rutherford !

Don't follow ConArtistTower, they go into black hole !

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Spoken like a true disbeliever.

Isn't the point of inspired scripture that at least some of it is 'This saith the Lord..' i.e. supposedly unadulterated words direct to a prophet from God, some of scripture is nothing to do with God's literal word (historical accounts) but given as illustration of principles and to record fulfilment of prophecy and finally there is a large body of scripture that is the teachings of inspired holy men (most of the New Testament letters) and never claims to be imperfect nor God's literal voice.

There is no paradox in allowing books to be written by men, the world was saved by a man and man is in the image of God - shock of shocks - God is a man (well in my religion !) We know that God is perfect and that man has the potential to be perfected as well. It is churlish to say that we may only help each other along this road of growth if we are ourselves perfect.

Terry - I think you never really understood the gospel of Jesus Christ IF you are serious about your statements. It is through Jesus that we are made perfect - not by our own efforts and nor are we disqualified from the work with our weaknesses - it is through our weakness that God can work and make us perfect. Jesus paid the price so that in effect a believer was made immediately whole and fit for the work - and that includes ministering and writing scripture.

I'm not even going to bother with your attempt to sow contention over the roles of women and men in the church. Both are of equal importance.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    HOW DO WE SOLVE THIS PARADOX?

you should already know, that paradoxes are not to be solved. this is why they are paradoxes and not crossword puzzles. NOT because anyone designed those paradoxes, but because they just are. the longer you fight it, the longer you will be religious. a company-man, of sorts.

It would seem to follow logically that we are falling prey to a glitch in our thinking by setting any man up as

and you just did it right there. the very thing that you are critisising. you say that religion teaches us to not trust ourselves, and that we are not good enough to figure it out on our own (i totally agree with you technically), but then you say we have a "glitch in our thinking". this is the same difference terry. it's not just semantics. it's the same difference.

where are we going as a species, terry? to a "better" place? free of religion and paradox? what is "better"? what is "good"? what is the "right path" for our species? you and I know it more lucidly than most on this board. and damn it, i would love it if it were that simple. as simple as just getting over our "glitches" and "imperfections" and transcending the paradox.

but getting over the paradox involves transcendence. and you and i both know where transcendence ends up, don't we? paradoxically, back at religion. that place that makes my stomach churn.

questions that beg answers. and answers that mutate back into questions.

wishy-washy-whimsical, hey? but i ask, where will technicality take us? the great and mighty technicality of empiricism, forging us into the future and space. shedding the ape brain.

it's bliss to imagine. but again, yet another paradise. a place in our minds, and our minds alone.

TS

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Religion, as it commonly appears, is simply a conceptual and abstract knot of thought; and to dwell there is insane; in that it steals away the actuality and reality of this present moment of existence and life. So, we don't solve the paradox, we simply see it's illusory nature and it's gone.

alt

j

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit