Comments You Will Not Hear at the 2-5-06 WT Study (Trust)

by blondie 35 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sf
    sf

Ah!! Sheer brilliance...Watchtower Study on the virtue of trust.

Pardon me while I drop to the floor in hysteria!

Roflolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I should have had a V-8!!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

sKally

• heathen
    heathen

What a load of BS . Man oh man they just never stop piling it high either . I've never known a dubby that was generous about anything , they were always uptight, judgemental , slanderers. The church itself blows more money on developing realestate than anything else as far as charity goes . They don't think twice about intimidating members over money .I remember sitting through an hour long shake down because the church was coming up short to pay a mortgage and electric bill . This after spending a million dollars on a new building they don't even need . It seems that always was first and formost over feeding and clothing or even a place for people to stay. This article is just a way of shaking down the R&F for more money , nothing more . They don't even have a clue as to what jesus was talking about in the scripture of a rich man entering the kingdom of the heavens . They were teaching that they are the kingdom of the heavens in the spiritual paradise dogma. I thought the world ended invisibly.......... jeeezuuss H cahhhhhrist what a buch of convoluted crap .

• garybuss
    garybuss

When the ideal is the defective, the competent struggle.

• Flash
    Flash

Another shameless guilt trip so the peasants will submit to the WTS will of how they should live their lives! The RF are not fulfilling their Vow of Poverty as every Witness should.

I wonder if articles (and talks) like these and next weeks ( ...Beware of an Independent Spirit.) are actualy spontaneous or are deliberately scheduled at regular intervals just to keep everyone off-balance and in line.

Thanks Blondie! ~

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl
    7. Anyone who does not trust firmly in Jehovah might think differently. The

majority of humans view material wealth as a major key to security. Hence,

parents have encouraged their offspring to invest much of their young adulthood

in higher education, hoping that it will prepare them for well-paying careers.

Sadly, some Christian families have found the cost of such an investment to be

very high, as their children have lost their spiritual focus and turned to

pursuing materialistic goals.

They don't even try to justify their anti-college views with a scripture. I don't know how I ever stomached these manipulative articles.

I can't wait to sit through a paragraph about how people who go to college don't trust in Jehovah, while everyone looks at me.

Great job Blondie!

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thank you Blondie for the light you shine.
    Those with eyes will see, eventually.

I'm starting to get the feeling that all their "true" christian descriptions, like wise, true, mature, dedicated.... etc. etc. no longer just mean - "only JWs" - More like in house policing - a separation between active and inactive, zealot and fader, group think and independant thinker.

they create their own "outside" worldlies, within themselves.

wp

• Klaus Vollmer
    Klaus Vollmer

someone who terminates his job without having a new one will live on the street.

those in the golden cave can write a lot of BS - they have no idea, how the real life is.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good point, Will Power. Who in the society feels completely accepted? The governing body, perhaps? But of course, they can never be completely sure what their fellow board members feel about them. It's a sea of judgers, the society, and only the cream prosper.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

P7 re.college education "their children have lost spiritual focus and turned to pursuing materialistic goals" or perhaps they got wised up with the benefit of an education and just went on their way. I have doubts about this whole snare of materialism . Does it exist or is it a convenient excuse, a label to hang on those who simply don't want to be a dub anymore. For all I know, the old congo that I left could be saying that about me - far from the truth.

P16. A distortion of the scripture to "Trust in Jehovah and do not lean on your own understanding" is given the twist to trust the WTS in all things and do not trust your own judgement in anything "In all his ways - in congregation matters , education or secular work, relaxation or anything else, he modestly seeks Jehovah's counsel". And where is such detail found, if not in the Watchtower?? It is saying that 'You know nothing, do not trust yourself, you are not sensible enough to make your decisions. Surely an insult to the members ?

That reminded me of an author with an insight into institutional abuse of power, George Orwell. In the allegory "Animal Farm" : - Squealer the spokesman for the pigs who run the place and exploit the others says

"No one believes more firmly that Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves . But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions , comrades, and then where should we be ?...........................................................Boxer a strong but naive carthorse ,"voiced the general opinion by saying 'if General Napoleon says it, it must be right. and adopted his personal motto, 'I will work harder"

BTW they worked him to death in the end .

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Something else came back to mind as I put the mag away. The front cover bears the headline, "Will Good Triumph Over Evil?"

The cover picture is a young African woman[perhaps Nth Africa} with a very sad face. She is clutching a young child who looks sick The photo is credited to an agency.

Now, this mother and child are not Witnesses, obviously. Shall we guess that they are probably Muslim? Whatever, it must be evident that they have very little chance of becoming Witnesses in Nth Africa and in apparent rural poverty . So what will the kingdom do for them?

The outcome according to the WT is for them to be included in what page 7 calls "The judicial punishment of everlasting destruction". And yet they are being used on the cover of the mag, as if the "Good News" were going to save them, instead it condemns them to a horrible death.

I think that is an unfair exploitation of the poor, to sell a mag. and is misleading to the casual reader.

Am I right or am I leaping off on a tangent?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit