What did you change in your "look" to show your rebellion?

by JH 60 Replies latest jw friends

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

BC,

when you say bikes do you mean bicycles or motorcycles?

-Eduardo

Wouldn't it be funny if two Jehovah's Witnesses on bicycles crashed into two Mormons on bicycles?

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Lot's of peircings... In fact, that reminds me, it's been about six months... time for a new one.

• slugga
    slugga

Shaved my hair to a No2, grew a beard and got tattooed... Not all at one but over a couple of years and if I was feeling particularly rebellious I'd wear a short sleeve shirt to meetings to show off my tatts.

Thinking back to the shirt... I have Very Hairy Arms and I can remember a sister asking me if I couldn't shave them or at least trim them because they weren't very becoming... bloody cheek.

• rekless
    rekless

A beard and longer hair then shaved it off and after my wife passed away grew it back and never looked back.

• THE FROG
    THE FROG

I changed into a Frog. that fooled them! The trouble is I don't sing so well nowadays.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    I changed into a Frog. that fooled them! The trouble is I don't sing so well nowadays.

Lol Bleaching hair (hey it's a process!!) Then adding nice little ruby highlights Piercing nose. Getting a second tattoo (maybe a third) Then I thought about showing off my new look at the next district assembly... Meagan

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome, The Frog!

Tell us more about yourself.

Personally, I grew my hair LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! OK! I'm a woman, so No really big deal.

But I only own one knee length skirt - for very smart occassions ONLY! I stopped dressing frumpily!

I know it's not a look....but my 'attitude' changed and became confident in using 'choice expressions!' without any embarrassment.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover
    Then I thought about showing off my new look at the next district assembly...

HA HA HA !!! you go girl...... so far I've gotten my belly pierced, started smoking some pot, started cursing more because it seems to make me feel better in certain situations, learned how to say NO to people and mean it. I don't have the people pleasing disease anymore. Next is my nost piercing and then some tattoos. I'd like to go back to school this spring also. OOOOHHHHHH!! higher education! I'm bad to the bone huh?!

• greendawn
    greendawn

As soon as I became sure that the JWs were a con, about a year after baptism, I grew a beard and kept it until I disassociated.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    so far I've gotten my belly pierced, started smoking some pot, started cursing more because it seems to make me feel better in certain situations, learned how to say NO to people and mean it. I don't have the people pleasing disease anymore. Next is my nost piercing and then some tattoos. I'd like to go back to school this spring also. OOOOHHHHHH!! higher education! I'm bad to the bone huh?!

Woe! Totally not what I expected you to say... I mean... Wow, higher education! You should be disfellowshipped. Naughty, naughty. Meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit