Elders sting operation on myspace

by troubled mind 41 Replies latest jw friends

• wombat
    wombat

Troubled Mind...You sound like you are a young person. Eventually you will break your ties and be so far away from this bad place. You will be able to laugh at it. So will your friend.

Life really is fantastic with all it's ups and downs.

Be a "Rebel without a Cause" (James Dean).

Tell everyone to get stu**ed and do your own thing right now.

You certainly won't regret it in your old age.

Chant the mantra ..."armageddon-outa-here".

People need you more than what you need them. It's your life.

[email protected]

• Sentient
    Sentient

That's the first I've heard of that but it does not surprise me one bit. In the end, their excursions into cyberspace will do more good for their opposition because the realm of free and open information is not the realm of Witnesses.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Well wombat I'm going to take your comment as a compliment , but.......I'm actually not a teen I'm a middle age mom. I am trying to preserve the identity of some young JW teens that know they can talk to me about anything w/o being judged harshly . I do give them advice similar to what you said.

• undercover
    undercover

And people wonder why some of us are paranoid...

Paranoia is just good thinking when people are out to get you.

• wombat
    wombat

Middle aged Mums are so important to young folk. They are obviously confiding in you because you aren't being judgmental. They will tell you more than they would tell their parents. Good on you

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day TM,

Glad I only scared you for a second. The Watchtower Elders on the other hand are to be taken very seriously in thier efforts to "keep the congregation clean". Never underestimate the mindnumbing lunacy and cunning ways of those carring out the Societies stated policy of "Spiritual Warfare" on all opposers.

Personally I didn't get dismembered .. just suffered internal injuries lol .. .. "walking away" worked out well for me - depriving "them" of the satisfaction and still allowing me free contact with friends & relatives still inside.

Best wishes,

scarey unc PS: I have two adult daughters and breaking away before "raising them in the truth" was the best thing ever. I thank my lucky stars for that and fully sympathise with your possition. Greetings from a middle aged dad

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

I am begining to get a little worried that "they" won't allow me to quietly fade . I have been reading posts here about a trend of the elders visiting to see if you are coming back to meetings .That really concerns me I know now to be careful what I say to them. I have adult children still in, and I haven't explained to them yet my true feelings . I give tidbits here and there, but am not sure what will happen if the" %* hits the fan ".

• rocketman
    rocketman

Since there have recently been stories on various news progarms dealing with the possible dangers of posting personal information at web sites such as myspace.com, I can see justification for perhaps some general counsel, to be careful about posting such information. However, for elders to log onto such sites for the purpose of checking on young jws is way out of line.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I'd be extremely careful about telling anyone remotely connected with the cult your true feelings TM.

They have no right or need to know what your core beliefs are. I'd try and back out as gracefully as you can for your and your kids sake.

cheers, unc

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

Thanks I appreciate the advice. What really gets to me is I REALLY HATE to be lied to, and I don't in anyway want my older children to feel I wasn't honest with them . I'm so glad I have JWD to reveal my thoughts to , otherwise I swear I would go out of my mind ( more than I already am )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit