Married to it JW

by mydiscounts 16 Replies latest social relationships

• mydiscounts
    mydiscounts

My personal experience is being married to a man who grew up in a very bad situation at home with JW being very strict. This has damaged his mind to a point where he believes what ever they tell him, he is the kind of guy who will not got to a meeting for a year and his first day back his hand is up in a watchtower study.

He then wants to try that S^%$ on my children and then we are in a fight, I am afraid I am just married too it being that I lost my dad early in life not to death but he just left and I grew up with out him in my life I feel bad spliting up. My youngest son tells me all the time how much he hates his father, I hate to say deep inside if I were him I would also hate my husband. He believes that jehovah wants him to be a ruler over our house.

Is there really a way out of a JW marriage with your sanity?

• jstalin
    jstalin

I'm sorry about your situation. I can't really offer any concrete advice, other than do what's best for the kids.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My ex-husband was not a JW, but he was abusive. Your husband sounds abusive. Being with him is damaging to you and the children. Yes, there is life after separation. Check for local support groups in your neighbourhood, so you won't be completely alone.

• Chimene
    Chimene

I left my JW husband a year ago. He was also raised in the so called truth. He was verbaly and emotionally abusive. My girls hate him, and so do I. It was hard at first, but as time goes by, it gets easier. Trust me, I am so glad I am out, and my daughters are so much happier it's unbelievable. If he tries to say anything bad about you leaving, just tell him what I told my husband, Jehovah knows the truth, therefore, my conscience is clean.

• Think
    Think

Welcome to the Forum, Mydiscounts.

We fell for you. Is not easy way out from this trap.

They believe only in adultery you can divorce.

Be strong, don't get suck in in the cult. This cult is dangerous.

• ezra
    ezra

i dont know your husband but in the truth jehovah considers him head of household.why would you marry someone whose faith you did not agree with.you had to have known that this would cause marital problems,when he does go back to meetings it invigorates him and he probably wants to make changes within the household.these things need to be handled delicately by him.another problem is by making this post [i know your not going to like this]but you are showing severe disrespect to the person that you made marriage vows to.the problem with the world is they think that everything has to be their way no compromise you cant do that and be successful its not possible.you need to seriously evaluate why you married him and what you expect out of your marriage and what efforts seem reasonable to you.this is not a game .this is the real world .we allow everyones views shape what we think marriage should be.you have a responibility to your children to be peaceful about settling your disagreements,and it is extremely damaging to children to involve them in adult affairs,leave your children out of it and handle this in a more appropriate fashion for your childrens sake.it doesnt sound like your husband is going to give up his belief and he probably wont perhaps you could ask him to open the bible and share with you the counsel regarding families,in that counsel he also has a responsibility toward god to treat you with respect and to listen to your feelings on the matter collosians 3;18

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

you don't really care about her feelings do you ezra?

• misguided
    misguided

ezra's choice in his/her use of words, pre-programmed "advice," no spelling ability, lack of proper puctuation, inability to put a clear sentence together, and general writing style, reminds me so much of my abusive JW ex-husband.

(Who, btw was convicted and served time for threatening and harrassing my family.)

• betterthanezra
    betterthanezra

Ezra, you speak like you know what you are talking about.

Compromise works two ways.

severe disrespect to the person that you made marriage vows
    the title of "head" doesnt mean you deserve respect.
  • Chimene
    Chimene

Hey Ezra, aren't you DF'd? If so, why are you preaching?

It takes 2 to make a marraige. Maybe her situation was like mine. My soon to be ex was inactive when we married, the religion BS was thrown on me afterwards. And even then, I actually fell for it. Until I realized what a mean asshole he was and still is. Do you think that "Jehovah God" is smiling down on this man when he treats her like crap?

Proverbs 12:18 18 There exists the one speaking thoughtlessly as with the stabs of a sword, but the tongue of the wise ones is a healing.

1 Timothy 6:4,5 teaching that accords with godly devotion, 4 he is puffed up [with pride], not understanding anything, but being mentally diseased over questionings and debates about words. From these things spring envy, strife, abusive speeches, wicked suspicions, 5 violent disputes about trifles on the part of men corrupted in mind and despoiled of the truth, thinking that godly devotion is a means of gain

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit