Update On Russell Owned Allegheny Graveyard

by Rig Boy 33 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Lily,

I am not now or have I ever been a Bible Student. I am not now or have I ever been a Mason. I was a Jehovah's Witness until 1966, but am no longer. I have done extensive research on this subject. As a matter of fact, not too long ago, Springmeir's book was put online here in parts; so it's not new to me.

As far as I can see, Russell took the concept of the winged sun disc from the Bible. And the Bible writers got it from either the Egyptians, Assyrians, Babylonians or Persians. So, if the Bible writers could adopt a concept from pagan national gods, like Horus or Marduk, to its own deity, Yahweh, why do you fault Russell for doing the same? Obviously, not everything pagan is bad. Haven't Christians done the same with Christmas? They have taken pagan symbols and given them new Christian meanings.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Kennenson,

I opologize then for saying you were a BS. I don't really care if Russell used the two winged disk or not except for the fact that the claim is made by Jehovahs Witnesses and BS today that Russell was appointed as some special messenger by Jesus because of the fact that he was not tainted in any way with false beliefs and pagan, ungodly teachings. And you raise a good point about Christmas and other pagan holidays that were christianized. So the point is that there is no basis at all for claiming Russell was any different from any other church during his time. Because frankly I do not believe he had any such appointment as the faithful slave. I am hoping that JWs and BS will go back and research their own origins and see that the claims made by the WT today that they were somehow untainted by false religion or pagan ideas which made them superior over other churches is simply not true. All Christian denominations today are tainted in one way or another. Thre is no absolute truth in any of them and one of them are a complete replica of the early church. My personal belief is that all relgious institutions are part of bablylon the Great. And they all contain some truth and some falsehoods. I am also convinced somewhere out there, there is more proof that Russell had some type of Free-Mason background because he uses very similar terms. But if not, he was into pyrmidology for sure and I for one do not believe in his dates because of this. And besides, none of the dates panned out anyway. Thanks for the conversation tonight. Again, I am sorry if I misunderstood your position. Lilly

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Lovelylil,

No problem if you thought I was a Bible Student. Apology accepted.

Actually we are in agreement on a lot of things. I, too, don't believe that Russell was the faithful and discreet slave--as far as that goes, neither are the so-called annointed of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

Although pyramidology was used by numerous religious groups, including the Bible Students, I don't subscribe to it. I don't subscribe to dates. So many have been proposed and so many have failed. You would think by now that they have learned their lesson--but I'm not so sure. If not even Jesus knows when He will return, what makes men think they are privy to such knowledge?

As far as Russell's membership in the Masons, I have not yet found proof. I'm not saying proof is not out there somewhere, but until then.. .The Masons kept membership lists; if Russell was a Mason, it would be there somewhere. For example, the State Library of Florida has numerous volumes of books on the Masons in Florida. It gives counties and the lodges and the names of members of each lodge. It seems if Masons elsewhere were as meticulous as the ones here, that Russell's name would show up if he really were one. That's what it will take to convince me.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Kenneson,

Amen to everything you said. It seems we are in agreement on a lot of things. I was a Witness 12 years then loosley associated with the Bible Students but broke off quickly because of all the date issues and the faithful slave thing. Personally my belief is that no one has been appointed as faithful or wicked at this time and will not be until Christs second advent. then he will reward his servants. And it has not happened yet. Like you said, Christ did not know and he even told us (Matthew 24 & 25) to not be concerned with the date and time but stay awake. I always wondered what kind of test of faithfulness and readiness would it be if Jesus told us when he was coming? Then we can just get ready the day before. I thought the whole point of the comparison to the thief in the night was to show that we would not know when he was coming. After all if a thief says I will be there on Sunday night at midnight, you can bet we will be ready for him. Anyway, nice "talking" with you. It is getting late so I am going to bed. Goodnight!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit