Noah's Ark.- Kangaroos

by Stewart75 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Clam
    Clam
    They must have been salt water fish, cause all the fresh water ones died when the salt from the seas flooded the lakes. And then all the fresh water fish re-evolved after the flood, that is the salt water fish that got stuck in fresh water ponds after the water dissappeared.

Noah may have had on board fresh water aquaria. He would only have needed a few species because over 6,000 years all the other fish species could have evolved ( like dog breeds). Keeping fish tanks on board could have been organised by the alien consultants at the time. I bet Franz knows.

• Think
    Think

The Governing Body secretly shiped them with the watchtower literature on another boat.

• Rook
    Rook

Ha...gotta agree with Think again!...all my life i was told they came from Ethiopia.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Noah dropped them off there before his navigational skills let him down and he got stuck on a hill.

• Think
    Think

Rook, I am proud of you. You become closer to become an Elder.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Hi Stewart75,

The Biblical flood story, in spite of what we were told to the contrary, is based on the Epic of Gilgamesh and not the other way round. It was "global" in as much as that was the entire world to those people in those days.

My problem with anything connected with God directing man to do something is to ask WHY? God being all powerful wouldn't need man to do anything. God could just click his fingers and whatever he thinks would be accomplished. To have man build the Biblical ark is, one could say, a test of man's loyalty, but that wasn't the case at all. The Hebrews needed people to look up to as rallying points for their faith. Trace the story back and you'll end up in Iraq - and with Gilgamesh, King of Uruk!

You'll never get a theological answer regarding Australian animals re the Ark because no such Ark existed. I say this, not because I can prove it didn't exist, no one can, but because common sense dictates that the Biblical flood story is a myth. I suggest you read books such as The Bible Unearthed by Israel Finkelstein and Neil Asher Silberman, and Ancient Iraq by Georges Roux.

Once I left Watchtower I started to read as much as I could on ancient Bible history. I was amazed at what I found. So much information is out there - information Watchtower doesn't want any of its members to find out about! One such piece of information is the flood story.

Welcome to the forum. Keep on asking questions. How else does one learn?

Best wishes,

Ian

• wombat
    wombat

Actually, Pubsinger is right.

The Ark pulled into Sydney Harbour for R&R on the way back. Those bloody kangaroos just partied too hard and missed the departure.

And it still happens with cruise ships to this very day.

Verily, verily.

• The Chuckler
    The Chuckler

The reason Kangas survived the was they sat on top of Ayers Rock, which was a lot taller then, cos it has been eroded in the last 4000 years.

Fresh water fish survived because when the water canopy rained itself into the sea, like stays with like and the fresh water fish stayed in the fresh pockets and the salt water fish likewise.

Who needs science and logic when you have faith and quack science?

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-noahs-ark.html

Best thing I've found on the subject. There's just too many problems with it to believe it as anything but folk lore.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

The Kangaroo is a 'kind' of large mouse. Therefore, I don't see the problem.

steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit