Which Bible do you use?

by snobirobi 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Welcome to the board!!

Some of the "contemporary English" Bibles are nice and easy to read, but I'm a big fan of the King James Version, myself. It's just old-fashioned and, I think, more poetic. I like it a lot.

-Becka :)

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

My choice is rsv - online

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/rsv.browse.html

Try reading the bits that the others removed eg. Sussanah

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I have an NIV and KJV and AS. I also use the online Bibles. I continue to use the NWT to apply to WT teachings and am amazed at how many inconsistencies there are between their doctrine and their own Bible.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    am amazed at how many inconsistencies there are between their doctrine and their own Bible

Me too! This is one of the primary reasons i began questioning the WTS. They don't do what they say the Bible says we all should do.

• mdb
    mdb

re: the message "bible?"

The Message is a Paraphrase, NOT a bible.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Welcome to the forum, snobirobi!!

I use the NKJV, and online versions. I've never had a Bible with the 'red lettering', and I love it!

Once I stopped using the NWT, it was like I was reading the bible for the first time. New light..... LOL!

GGG

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi snobirobi, and welcome to the forum

I don't do any Bible reading now, but I always liked the Jerusalem Bible when I was a jw

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome to the forum, I use King James and Jerusalem, never the twisted NWT bible that in so many places it was distorted so as to agree with JW doctrines.

• tmo1965
    tmo1965

The websites posted above are all good. I use all of those. My preferences for a Bible translation is the NIV for reading and NASB for studying. I was told that the Message Bible is a little flakely, but I haven't checked it out for myself.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I have a NIV bible. The NIV bible also has everything Jesus said in red lettering. If that's what you were referring to...

OH AND I ALMOST FORGOT!!!

Welcome!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit