Which Bible do you use?

by snobirobi 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• snobirobi
    snobirobi

Hello everyone, I've been lurking for quite a while now and am enjoying my time on this forum. I wasn't born or raised a JW, but married into it....sorta. My husband was raised a JW, never baptized, and became inactive once married. So I was the one trying to "do the right thing" by attending meetings and being a JW. Long story short....I've been inactive for a couple years now and don't want anything to do with the religion anymore. As for my question, I want to study a Bible other than the NWT. What do you suggest? TIA

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board. I personally use a few different versions. As I am still an active witness the NWT gets used most but I like the King James and also the NIV. Sometimes use the ASV also

• DocBob
    DocBob

For reading, ESV or NIV. For study NASB

• jgnat
    jgnat

ALL of them.

www.blueletterbible.org

http://www.biblegateway.com/

Try out these versions:

• mdb
    mdb

KJV and NKJV. The NWT is not a legitimate bible, but a mistranslation of the infallible word of God.

I support your decision: get out of the WTS religion.

• snobirobi
    snobirobi

Thank you for your replies. I miss having a Bible with red letters! LOL

• jgnat
  • serendipity
    serendipity

HI snobirobi! Welcome to the forum! All around, I like the NIV Bible. The Message bible is also an easy read.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

right now I only own the NLT because a co-worker bought me one. but so far it seems pretty good. I would have to say, much better than the NWT. At least I know who translated it.

• Think
    Think

All of them, is good also to compare Bibles in others languages, of course if you know foreign language.

The more sources of information you have the closer you are to the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit