Raymond Franz

by KW13 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk
    Ian - Maybe they have. Are you able to suggest it in any way? If I recall they are shunning you - but my memory fails this early in the morning.

The younger daughter has returned home - but still has her JW head on! She believes anything not written by the society is Satanic and, therefore, steadfastly refuses to read it! My wife has offered her COC to read but she has refused. We leave the book where it can be seen. Happily, my daughter goes shopping with her mum, goes to work with her and they also go out to the theatre together. The lines of communication are kept open so we hope, gradually, she'll come to realise that we aren't the wicked people Watchtower would have her believe. We don't force anything!

Obviously, we brought our daughters up in the lie and they've not known anything else, so it's hard for them. My older daughter is married to an MS and they live far away, so I don't know what she's up to. We haven't had contact for around three years. What disgusts me is that my older daughter knows I have a serious disease and yet in spite of Christ's message being one of love and forgiveness my wife and I are treated as though we don't exist. How can a child ignore a parent with a serious illness? Just shows what a heinous, mind-controlling cult Watchtower is. Nothing Christian about it at all!

Ian

• wombat
    wombat

Ian...deep down daughters just can't help but love their Daddy.

I think that you maybe could lay off all jw stuff and just give her a cuddle for no reason.

If she has no reason to be on the defensive she may relax.

Just a thought..........Wombat

• FairMind
    FairMind

Crisis of Conscience was the first exposure book of the WTS that I read and in my opinion the best of many subsequent ones I’ve also read. If you would like to know of some other great ex-JW books PM me and I will give you a list of the ones I have read.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    BUT what is really good about it is he isn't bitter when he comes across

My husband and I were both touched by his sincerity and humility. If he had been bitter and vengeful I doubt his book would have had the impact that it did. I truly admire the man.

What disgusts me is that my older daughter knows I have a serious disease and yet in spite of Christ's message being one of love and forgiveness my wife and I are treated as though ;we don't exist. How can a child ignore a parent with a serious illness? Just shows what a heinous, mind-controlling cult Watchtower is. Nothing Christian about it at all!

I'm so sorry that your daughter treats you so badly. I get so upset when I hear of children who have wonderful parents and mistreat them so badly. They have no idea how lucky they are. My father used to hit me, punch me, throw me into walls and tell me he hated me. I see no problems with shunning a parent who abuses you but shunning someone over a difference in religion is cruel and inexcusable.

Just remember, JWs aren't Christians. So I guess we can't expect them to act like they are.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

Make sure you check out Ray's other book too. It's called In Search of Christian Freedom. That one is actually my favorite of the two.

• juni
    juni

Check out your library for "30 Years a Watchtower Slave". That's where I found it. Juni

• sf
    sf
    I also liked the book "30 Years a Watchtower Slave" by William J. Schnell.
    "30 Years a Watchtower Slave" - Not read that yet but i will if i come across it

http://poweredbychrist.homestead.com/Hitler_Brooklyn.html

sKally

• xjwms
    xjwms

once I started reading COC

I could'nt stop

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    once I started reading COC

I could'nt stop

That was my experience as well. Jaw-dropping stuff.

The amazingly frustrating thing is that some JW's have actually read the book and were unfazed by it. I can't understand that, and I can get my head around some pretty bizarre behavior.

Dave

• delilah
    delilah

Hi JW13, I'm also reading the COC book. I read it every day, and am more stunned the further I read. I tell my DF'd husband about what I'm learning, and we have very good discussions about it. I just wish my parents would read it.

Dansk, hopefully your eldest daughter will come to her senses, and realize that family is all that matters, no matter what. I pray she will....hugs to you and your family.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit