Would YOU Have Allowed Your Child To Die Instead Of Giving Blood?

by minimus 37 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Be honest. I believe there was a time we all would've done it or at least say we would've done it.

• tetrapod.sapien
  • Scully
    Scully

I'm really glad that my children were never in a situation that would have required us to make that decision. Yes, there was a time, when we were so eager to Please Jehovah™ and suck up to the Organization™, that we were prepared to make a martyr out of a child of ours; just like my parents were prepared to do the same with one of my siblings and me. I get overwhelmed with guilt sometimes when I think of that... I know it's not my fault for believing with all my heart at the time that it was the right decision to make... but I can't imagine being where I am now and how devastating it would be to have let a child of mine die like that, for nothing.

• minimus
    minimus

No matter what "opposers" would say, it would not deter us from our course. A history lesson to be learned.....Just because we explain why the JW blood doctrine is stupid, immoral and unscriptural, it means nothing to the Witness that can't see it yet. They TRULY believe they are pleasing Jehovah God.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

No, I left because that sort of thing bothered me.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - even when an elder, if it came to my childrens life I do not belive I could have done it

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never was a parent..but I am sure that I would have declined it for myself and immediate family, even as far as to death.

It was simple logic. If you hold out then you get a ressurrection to the New World . If you cave in and accept it, you might have the rest of a natural span of life (in isolation because you had been d/fd) and living with the knowlege that you have failed in something important. So what is the better deal?

Of course dubs in the main are sincere in that they do believe it is Gods will..

• elliej
    elliej

I figured that if my husband said no I would override and say yes. I would take the DF to save one of my kids. They always take you back eventually as long as you say youre sorry. I figured it would be worth it.

• minimus
    minimus

If a person willingly gets baptized, understands all the major rules, goes over the questions on blood and even might become an elder, I'd find it difficult to believe that such a one would not adhere to "Jehovah's" thinking. Especially, if you were an elder, you'd have to be the biggest hypocrite to go over those questions and never ever plan on doing it yourself or better yet, have a judicial meeting if they took blood.

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

Every religion seems to need martyrs. Even when the “truth” was my own I wished that I would never be put to that test, so I don’t know what I would’ve done if death was my only choice, but what I have noticed was that when some unfortunate individual was put in that position they are always surround by elders and other “brothers” pushing them into not taking blood, reminding them how they will die at Armageddon if they take blood and that God will raise them in paradise if they die now. So I really wonder how many were really pushed to that decision, were they really making a free choice? The few times that any member of my family were booked into hospital I just told them we were Christian and didn’t mention JW’s, I told my wife that if we tell them we are JW’s we’ll have the elders on our backs making sure we don’t take blood.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit