IT HAS BEGUN "BIG" NEWS ON AP NEWS WIRE

by DannyHaszard 402 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Scatteredsheep
    Scatteredsheep

I picked up a hard copy of the Kansas City Star in town today.

The article, complete with picture of "Attorney Kerry Louderback-Wood," begins on the back page of the FYI section and continues inside. The inside continuation of the article has a big headline as follows:

WITNESSES: Directive follows heavy criticism from attorney

In a box are "The Witnesses' beliefs," as outlined by the Associated Press.

In another box it says:

To read more
    Witnesses' official brochure: www.watchtower.org/library/hb
    Dissenters' data: www.ajwrb.org, ww.jwtruth.com

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Patients' rights are paramount, readers say
    Chicago Tribune, United States - 1 hour ago
    ... Does a Jehovah's Witness nurse have the right to refuse to help with a blood transfusion? The Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act needs to be dropped. ...
    [email protected] reporter If an ambulance driver morally objects to homosexuals, does that mean he can refuse to transport a patient who's gay? Does a Jehovah's Witness nurse have the right to refuse to help with a blood transfusion?The Illinois Health Care Right of Conscience Act needs to be dropped. (The act prohibits employers from discriminating against employees who won't provide health care because a service or procedure conflicts with their religious or moral beliefs.)

We need a law that says something like: "No matter your religious or moral beliefs, if you decide on a career in the health field you must give the patient all the care he or she needs in regards to modern medicine--regardless of your own personal beliefs. Your beliefs come secondary and if you cannot handle that, we suggest you consider a career that won't jeopardize innocent peoples."

Kevin M., Chicago

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

– Jehovah's Witnesses John Marks, Alan Dunlop and John O'Mahony with Pilgrim Hospital's Dr David Boldy, Paul Haigh and Christine Holiday. NJ 080206-18. To order this picture click on the 'Buy A Photograph' link. Hospital witnesses new gift to surgical theatres Open this result in new window Boston Today - 1 hour, 0 minute ago PATIENTS at Pilgrim Hospital will soon be able to benefit from a new piece of equipment donated by the Jehovah's Witnesses. (14/02/2006 Hospital witnesses new gift to surgical theatres PATIENTS at Pilgrim Hospital will soon be able to benefit from a new piece of equipment donated by the Jehovah's Witnesses. The machine will be used during operations such as hip replacements and Caesarean deliveries, as well as major vascular surgery. Blood will be pumped out of the patient and 'cleaned' before being returned to the body. The machines normally cost £17,000, but the Jehovah's Witnesses have organised a national scheme to provide several such pieces of equipment to hospitals around the country. Paul Haigh, a project leader at the hospital, said: "There are many advantages to using this machine.
    "For example, there is
    less chance of the patient having a bad reaction because we're
    not introducing foreign blood
    and it will ease the pressure on the blood banks." Theatre manager Christine Holiday added: "We're slowly running out of blood, and as you could never get a 100 per cent match with blood from the bank, this method eliminates the problem – and there is obviously also less chance of infection." 14 February 2006 [email protected] editor [email protected] reporter [email protected] reporter

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Of course this is not taking whole blood out of the body and it is definitely not tranfusing the whole blood back into the body ..... why? .... because ...... there is a f__king tube attached.

But, detach that tube after the whole blood has come out of the patient for just a second then it is a banned autologous blood transfusion.

Give me a friggin break.

This is an autologous transfusion therapy using whole blood - tube or no tube.

And if they are allowing whole blood transfusions in this setting then there is no excuse to allow whole blood transfusions in other settings as well.

hawk

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Spin-off of Jehovah's Witnesses twisted and deadly blood transfusion ban,is refinements in bloodless surgery Spin-off of Hitlers rise to power was the VW Bug,damn good car. Image hosting by TinyPic

• sf
    sf

So hawkaw, are you going to email the reporter in the article?

Let me know please.

sKally

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

I have just sent a bunch of letters out.

I will give you a PM with my email

• sf
    sf

Gotcha.

Incidently, I got my local paper to act, again! I'll elaborate later. But I think you know what my drift is.

sKally

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

BTT

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Great that the WTS has decided to GIVE something away. Amazing!

Next step, think the WTS will GIVE (not loan) any of the millions of dollars in assets it owns to individual JWs to help fray bloodless techniques or fraction usage? Or, does the recent letter to the congregations ordering JWs to be financially independent say how tightfisted they truly are. I do not think the WTS will ever help pay the individual JWs medical costs. It's not much of a photo opportunity as giving away these machines to hosptials. But, it would be nice if they did "put their money where their mouth is."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit