Would you help JW family members?

by greendawn 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Soledad
    Soledad

I already do. My older sister, the very first one to shun me and treat me very badly after I DA'd desperately needed some assistance (money) 2 years ago so she could move from her home and get married to a JW she met online in Spain (imagine that!). I helped her out and told her that my door is always open.

It was quite funny though, she acted so childish throught the whole ordeal-----writing little post-it notes, asking my husband or my brother (who is not DA but has been IA for years now) to ask me for something, things like that. Now that she is somewhat on her feet she has resumed shunning me. I can't help but wonder where were all the wonderful "spiritual" brothers and sisters when she needed the help? How awful that she had to resort to the Apostateā„¢ family members for a meal!

• Agnes
    Agnes

I would help a stranger who had been hurt physically which is more than I can say for my JW neigbors who did nothing when one of my family members was recently hurt and an ambulance came to our home. They were home, but didn't peek out their doors, call, or ever mention it!

I would have to give some careful consideration to helping any of them financially. Agnes

• serendipity
    serendipity

I would help to a degree, for basics.

• Honesty
    Honesty

So fast that their conditional friends would be gasping for air.

• Think
    Think

YES! I will help. That is what is to be true Christian all about. I hear the stabing words from a person closest to my heart: " I don't love you ! I hate you ! many, many times.

She is regular at KH, intelligent, but very cold, unpleasant person. But when she told me again: I hate you! I told her: I still love you i will help her, and I don't blame her, because I can see what this crazynastcultsevagemanmadereligiontower did to her for so many years.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Of course I would. It would involve them actually having to speak to me but, yes I would.

Dams

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

No........I wouldn't !!!! Let them get help from those who they spend 5 meetings a week with !! For the past 6 1/2 years of shunning....let me see, that equals 1690 meetings. They're probably real close to the friends now, seeing how much time is spent with them on just meetings alone.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Yes absolutely, but it's not like I'd know, they'd never tell me. The only people who do talk to me, my non-witness family, are under the impression that I'm the one doing the shunning, so they don't pass news on because they think I'm being loveless. So... ah screw em. The biggest thing I could give them is the intellectual freedom I've found, but they think they're happy where they are. Who am I to judge their decisions, they're adults.

• desbah
    desbah

I'm helping my elderly JW mother right now. she's been living with my family and we take care of her basic needs. my mother no longer attends the meetings, she doesn't have that zeal for the truth anymore. My mother use to condem my lifestyle, now she see it's not about going door to door preaching but actually caring for a person who is in need.

• Plummet
    Plummet

I do

My in-laws, who don't call or write because we are irregular, don't hesitate to call to borrow money from us. Every single one of my JW In-Laws (out laws) have borrowed $ from us. Anytime they call I answer Plummet's Bank.

In fact one called just last night, we didn't have the $ to lend so he stooped down to calling his youngest sister, 15 y.o., to borrow the money.

I hate to lend them the money but it shows that we were there for them even though they can't and will not be there for us.

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergancy on my part

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit