My Husband

by mrsjones5 37 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I have no idea if it is indeed rare to have a heart attack without any blockage in the heart. At this moment in time I really don't care, a heart attack is a heart attack no matter what the cause and we were told it was a heart attack by my husband's doctor.

Josie

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I truly believe a heart attack can be brought on by hypertension! It can cause the arteries to constrict slowing blood flow to the heart..there still wouldn't actually be a blockage. Be sure he takes his meds..they work wonders these days. Also walking can reduce the stress.. Even housework.. Glad it was caught..hopefully no serious damage was done to the heart or it probably would have shown up on the stress test. It wouldn't hurt to have an Echo made of the heart to make sure no valves are involved also. I'm sure the Dr would have suggested it but it never hurts to ask. An Echo is just like a pregnant woman has on her belly..they just run a monitor over the heart and valves to check them out..they can also detect an enlarged heart this way. It is boring though..takes about 30 minutes... Best of lluck to him.. Snoozy Q

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. Shawn is doing better mentally. For a few days after the exploratory surgery he was quite sore. Much love has been pour out to us from my church, Shawn's co-workers, our family, my son's boyscout troop, and people from this board - all of it needed and very much appreciated.

We will be making changes in our lives, for the betterment of ourselves and our family. I want to keep Shawn around for a while.

Josie

• kristyann
    kristyann

I'm sorry to hear that, but glad to hear that's he feeling somewhat better. I wish you the best and God bless you and your family.

• nilfun
    nilfun

Glad to hear he's doing better. Best of luck to you both (())

• jojochan
    jojochan

I'm glad he is feeling better,and the good thing is that you made dietary changes now. It's good that you are there to "crack the whip" to help him with those changes, which is easier said than done; believe me.

Healthy wishes to you both.

jojochan.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Glad you guys got help quick. Especially the asprin, that was smart. Yes, I like the idea of the whole family making changes together.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

So sorry to hear that Josie

I hope he makes a full recovery

• Legolas
  • Soledad
    Soledad

That must have been really scary

My regards. I hope your hubby follows through with the doctor's orders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit