Call someone who shuns you and tell them you love them.

by joelbear 21 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Fight shunning with real heartfelt love.

I think it would be cool to let as many people as possible know that their behavior has not

stopped us from loving them.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

okay, i will!

and, does email count?

cheers joelbear,

ts

• JH
    JH

They would turn this into, I love Jehovah more than you, bla bla bla, so I shun you because Hermann Jehovah asked me to....

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

I did that. Send my ailing dad flowers on behalf of all three of his children who are shunned (the other four are borg). Doesn't leave room for a lecture, the delivery driver should be bringing them any time now.

hehehe

Sherry

• KW13
    KW13

i do like the idea, don't fight fire with fire, fight it with water!

Sadly, all the witnesses don't avoid me or anything so i don't have the opportunity to try this....

maybe i should upset them and ring them later? hehe no i am jokin, i never thought of it before.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Great idea!

I kind of did that today - with a card. A brother who was a great friend of mine [an elder] has not had anything to do with me now for a long time. I have sent him a couple of 'love letters' in the past two years [nothing romantic understand]. He has never responded. This week his wife had a stroke and I sent him a card with this personal message on it;

XXX,

Though [wifey] and I

“count it all joy to be persecuted for the name of Jesus” , this hateful Witness shunning also carries the sad aspect of us not being well informed regarding those we used to be able to call our friends. Nor to be able promptly to show how we care, and wish to support you in times of trial and difficulty.

We heard of Judy’s stroke, if indeed that was what it was, and we have had you both on our minds and in our prayers. Perhaps by the time you read this the danger has passed. If not, please know we are thinking of you. Pass on to your wife, our love and concern, and hopes for a full recovery.

May the Lord bless you with hope and peace.

Jeff

• greendawn
    greendawn

It may affect some positively but most would react negatively due to the extend of the JW brain washing, they are conditioned to stop thinking when ex members talk to them. That was done to prevent their trust in the FDS from collapsing by learning the truth about them and their doctrines.

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Very nice. This will heap firey coals on them. Wonder how many cards from his real friends they will get.

We should never stoop to their level. Love trumps hate.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    "love trumps hate"

I wholeheartedly agree. And that is what will cut the rabid beast the deepest. The beast loves money and power, but it needs adherents who are weak prey to maintain either.

If anyone has thought that my efforts to take this organization down was motivated primarily by hate, please understand: I hate its behaviors, I hate its effects, but that isn't what drives my actions. I am driven by concern for those it may yet harm and for those whose existing harm might be mended after the beast is dead.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• joelbear
    joelbear

it doesn't matter how they react, we have done a good thing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit