Call someone who shuns you and tell them you love them.

by joelbear 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

maybe quote these scriptures,

1 JOHN 4:19 We love because he first loved us. 20 If anyone says, "I love God," but hates his brother, he is a liar; for whoever does not love a brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. 21 This is the commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

JAMES 4:11 Do not speak evil of one another, brothers. Whoever speaks evil of a brother or judges his brother speaks evil of the law and judges the law. If you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one lawgiver and judge who is able to save or to destroy. Who then are you to judge your neighbor?

1 PETER 3:8 Finally, all of you, be of one mind, sympathetic, loving toward one another, compassionate, humble. 9 Do not return evil for evil, or insult for insult; but, on the contrary, a blessing, because to this you were called, that you might inherit a blessing. 10 For: "Whoever would love life and see good days must keep the tongue from evil and the lips from speaking deceit, 11 must turn from evil and do good, seek peace and follow after it..."

Evanescence

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I worked on a scrapbook for about 6 months. It was full of pictures of myself, my husband, my children and their partners, and my daughters children (my three beautiful perfect grandchildren, that my parents have never seen).

My daughter came by while I was working on it and was looking at it. When I told her who it was for, she was a little perturbed. She said it should be given to someone that loves us and would appreciate it and she's afraid they will just throw it away.

Then I stared worrying, I worked hard on this, what if it was a waste of time, what if they did throw it away? Should I call first and see if they even want pictures of me and my family? I thought they would see how well we are doing and want to be part of our lives. I was dreaming wasn't I?

I spent so much time on that scrapbook. I made sure each picture and every page was perfect. Not one pagan, holiday, birthday, nothing that would bother their conscious. Each picture was a special moment, or family time we spent together. The very first picture was a picture I had taken right after I got my new camera and was trying to figure out how the time delay button works. In the end everyone jumped in the picture. Myself, my children, all three of my grand children, and my husband walked in right as it clicked and jumped in the back, which we didn't know until we down loaded it onto the computer.

Well, I finally sent the scrap book and I never heard a thing. Not a thank you, not a kiss my ass. NOTHING!!! That was three months ago.

My daughter wants to call them up and tell them to send it back. She says their are unworthy...

Sometimes I think I should just write them out of my life like they have done to me. Sometimes I think about writing them a nice long letter and telling them who I am, 'cause they don't know me.....Yet at other times, I feel I can be the better person and wait until they wake up..it just hurts....sometimes.

lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit