Is this Bible warning a valid one?

by scout575 46 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

You best believe it PMJ! Don't mess w/us SAD, OLD WOMEN. And I might add to that JEZEBELS - per one PO who stated that 9 out 10 sisters entice the poor brothers. Give me a break!!

Juni of the "kick ass" class

• PMJ
    PMJ

kid-a you dork yes there is a 5 in her alias.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Back to the topic, "certain" is not in the text in the sense of "sure". The NWT is pretty ambiguous: it can be understood as "a certain expectation" (which would be an overtranslation of ekdokè, "expectation, prospect") or "a certain expectation," as a translation of the indefinite tis, meaning "some expectation, a kind of expectation" -- which is about the opposite as far as certainty is concerned.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, there is a five in my name...here but it's cuz mrsjones was already taken when I created my id for this board and 5 is my favorite number. It's alright - bad grammar, spelling and all PMJ is a lightweight (with a serious victim mentality) and of no matter to me. Just good enough to laugh at.

Back to the topic at hand

Josie

• kid-A
    kid-A

kid-a you dork yes there is a 5 in her alias. PMJ, I am proud of you...not one spelling mistake in that post!

• juni
    juni

Are you a teacher, professor of English or what Narkissos? Are you really in France? With all due respect, Juni :)

• juni
    juni

OF WHAT VALUE IS THIS BOARD??

PMJ IS PICKING UP GOOD SPELLING HABITS.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Juni,

Yes I live in France and on top of that I'm French. And no, I'm not an English teacher.

I just have "a certain" practice of written English -- I used to be a translator in the French Bethel many years ago, mind you...

• juni
    juni

THANKS FOR ANSWERING BACK NARKISSOS. I TOOK 7 YEARS OF FRENCH IN HIGH SCHOOL, BUT THAT WAS BACK IN THE 1960's. YOU KNOW, WHAT YOU DON'T USE, YOU LOSE. WAS GOING TO GO TO CHICAGO TO PREACH TO THE FRENCH W/A PIONEER SISTER IN THE '70's, BUT I GOT PREGNANT AND WAS VERY SICK.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK. JUNI :)

• Grog
    Grog

Its kinda sad Narkissos that your english is better than most people I know.. must be that us americans are learning american over english. And on the thread topic I don't place too much stock in any bible warnings. Way too much hokey fear stuff in there to pay any attention to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit