Are you allowed to fall asleep at the meetings now??

by stillAwitness 34 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

They also had a big comfy chair in the back, supposedly for a sister with back problems. Well, if she didn't happen to show up for a meeting, there was a bee line to sit in it. Usually whoever was lucky to get the chair, fell asleep in it. LOL! Those Dubs! They are one of a kind aint they!

• Calliope
    Calliope

see, i've figured it all out. i just get hooked up on the phone to listen in to the meeting. then i can watch tv and sleep at the same time, and no one will ever know.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I used to embarrass my wife at the Circuit Assemblies. She'd be there taking copious notes, that she'd never read again. And I'd be there out like a light, just short of snoring. ( I was a great example to my kids) It really sucked when the audience applauded. It woke me up. I used to pray the attendants would hand out pillows after lunch. But my prayers were never answered.

Dismembered

• Jamelle
    Jamelle

I never fell asleep at the meetings/assemblies - that would have landed me in HOT water. Instead, I perfected the technique of day dreaming. I could look like I was paying rapt attention to the speaker, but in my thoughts I was miles away!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

A bit OT, but these days I blame the meetings for my attention problem; I was so good at tuning them out and just planning my life, getting lost inside my head while the guys gave their little talks. Now I find it so difficult not to do that when listening to something important, like my boss, or a lecture...

If I hadn't been to (just did the maths) about 5000 meetings in my life, I might have achieved a lot more learning in my time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit