Are you allowed to fall asleep at the meetings now??

by stillAwitness 34 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

The Sercuit Overseer gave the expierence about an interested one who would come to the meetings every Sunday but admitted he would always fall asleep because he worked a double shift at work the night before.

The S.O said: "and sure enough he fell asleep during my talk." But he said that it was so encouraging because even though he worked the night before he still tried to get what little he could of the talk and the guy related afterwards: "I would not want to be caught falling asleep anywhere else but at the hall."

And so the sercuit overseer concluded with: "Unless you are broken and bleeding then you should be at your meetings."

So was he implying that its ok to fall asleep at the meetings now; just as long as you are there??

I've been following that counsel for years!

Just goes to show the extent they go to, I guess.

• JH
    JH

If that poor brother is sleeping at the hall, he might also fall asleep driving back home from the hall, and he could cause an accident.

The sick and those who didn't sleep should stay home, eat chicken soup , and watch football on TV

• FadingAway
    FadingAway

If it was stated from the platform, then I'm obligated as one of Jehovah's Witnesses to follow this counsel as an expression of my love for God and his wonderful Orginization. Oh how I love the troof!!!

• JH
    JH

Naturally, if the sick and tired go to the hall, they just might put some money in the contribution boxes also...

• Balsam
    Balsam

And so the sercuit overseer concluded with: "Unless you are broken and bleeding then you should be at your meetings."

I have heard such comments over the 30 years I was a JW, the idea is that you must never miss meetings unless your hospitalized. Just one more dumb comment that JW's eat up. I can remember wondering so why be at the hall under those conditions and it mades no sense? It is just plain silly encouraging people to come when their exhausted, sick, or ready to fall asleep. Typical mind control efforts of making people believe they will miss important information not being there. I used to let my children sleep through the meetings, in fact I prayed for it so they would not be crying. My children's father tried to insist I take the kids to meetings when they were sick, but I refused to take them sick. I would use the excuse that it might make the weak and elderly sick too and that would be terrible. We did go when we were exhausted and worn out and guess what we slept through the meetings. I did often, probably every meeting at the hall. My kids Dad never did though, no matter how tired he was he never fell asleep.

Balsam

• Think
    Think

ABSOLUTLY ! The hipotising words: ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE! ADVERTISE ! Our new doctrine ! our new Light! Our NEW @!#$%$#> ! Advertise the new Wisdom to the world about our coming new wisdom ! Advertise to the sick world how "HOLY" and smart we are and superior to you , Sick worldy people will make anybody normal fall to sleep fast... or go mental ???

So God give us natural defense about this kind of disease, what they try to pour constantly in ours breins ! Sleep all the time!

New Light from concerned Brothers in Bryklin

• metatron
    metatron

I tried this but I tend to snore loudly.

metatron

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

"To fall asleep at Jehovah's table is to show disrespect for the bounty he has set before us." CO in the 80's and 90's.

...attendance is in the toilet now so, "How encouraging that he's here and sleeping at the Kingdom Hall." 2000's

I'm sure that the GB feels its better he's there and unconscious than home reading the internet!

W.Once

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I always do at the District Convention and Circuit Assemblies and SA Days

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Typical mind control efforts of making people believe they will miss important information not being there

Of course! You know the counsel about how even are bk studies should not be missed b/c that is where we will get direction from Jehovah during Armageddon as to where to go and possibly how to bury all the dead bodies.

Ohhhhhh....can't wait!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit