Here We GO - Can't Fade No More

by unique1 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

How utterly frustrating.

He said it was loving discipline to not speak to someone.

I thought the purpose of df'ing was to keep the cong clean, not to punish. Ask him to show you from the Bible where df'ing is appropriate. If he shows you the 'not even eating wth such a man' scripture, tell him that was for someone actively engaging in sin. Ask how he knows if your friend is actively engaging in sin.

Ask for the scriptural reasoning why he should not talk to you if you aren't df'd.

Not that any of it matters. He'll do what he wants. Don't let them spiritually blackmail you into doing something you truly do not believe in.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Definition of Unconditional per Webster’s Dictionary: Without conditions or limitations; absolute.

Ah but dont you see?

Websters Dictionary is a worldy source....and naturally Satan is in control of the authors of Websters Dictionary...much better to consult the Awake Magazine

Doh!

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

: "We wanted to respond to the last comment you made on the phone: “I wish you could have unconditional love for me.” We looked up unconditional love and only found it mentioned three times in the Watchtower publications.

Sorry for your situation, but this passage really made me laugh out loud. Jesus, these people are brainwashed. I've nearly forgotten that there are people around in civilized society this day and age with full mental capacity that can be so embarrassingly dense. I don't mean to single out your parents either because I know all of those guys are like that. I'm honestly beginning to forget what it's like to be a Jehovah's Witness.

Good luck.. my dad's the same way.

GBL

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I cannot recall where it was said (blondie with probably know) but the society advocated loving your family less, which for all intents and purposes is not unconditional love is it?

Very sad to hear that your family are so brainwashed...

DB74

• metatron
    metatron

The saddest part of all this is:

They had to look up the matter of love before they considered whether they felt they could show it.

This organization is emotionally sick, to the core.

metatron

• Severus
    Severus

For the record, here are the three references, yes, the only three references to "unconditional love" in the WT Library CD:

g03 6/8 p. 4 Are Values on the Decline? ***

AMONG the greatest gifts parents can give to their children are unconditional love and a set of values that the parents live by and do not just lecture about.

Without proper values, life is little more than a crude struggle for survival. Values give meaning to life. They establish priorities. They set moral boundaries and define rules of behavior.

*** g92 5/22 pp. 11-12 Help for Adult Children of Alcoholics ***

"My father’s behavior was so shameful that his shame rubbed off on me. To compensate I tried to be perfect. I gave and gave, trying to buy love, never feeling worthy of unconditional love. My life became a performance, with feelings frozen. Years later my husband and children told me I was a robot, mechanical. For 30 years I had slaved for them, sacrificed my emotional needs for theirs, given to them as I had always given to my parents. And this was my thanks? It was the ultimate wound!

g82 3/22 p. 24 Psychiatry Goes to the Dogs ***

Dr. Calabro explains: "Dogs give love—unconditional love. They ask for attention, and when someone responds, they give love and security and warmth in return, with no strings attached." Some psychiatrists resist pet therapy, Calabro says. "They say, ‘Here we are, spending 10 or 15 years in school learning all about psychiatry and drugs, and all these people do is bring a dog in and look what happens. There’s got to be more to it than that!’"

• A Paduan
    A Paduan
    "We wanted to respond to the last comment you made on the phone: “I wish you could have unconditional love for me.” We looked up unconditional love and only found it mentioned three times in the Watchtower publications.

Naturally watchtower publications would be one of the only places that you would find the term - other people simply say 'love', knowing that "Love does not insist on its own way"

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Definition of Unconditional per Webster’s Dictionary: Without conditions or limitations; absolute.
    Ah but dont you see?
    Websters Dictionary is a worldy source....and naturally Satan is in control of the authors of Websters Dictionary...much better to consult the Awake Magazine

Annnnnnd.....that worldly source is ALSO the source of ALL the words in the WTS publications and public talks, so whatever the WTS teaches and publishes is in control of Satan as well.

Can anyone say "oxymoronic?" The WTS teaching "unconditional love"........this phrase and a picture of the WTS HQ in Crooklyn is beside Webster's definition of that word.

Frannie

• KW13
    KW13

You stick to your guns, you said and did some brave things!

• beavis
    beavis

How does one proceed with writing a baptism nullifaction letter? I have heard of certain ones meeting with the elders to nullify their baptism, but I would like more information on this process. Could you please give me this information?

Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit